Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who wants to design, develop, deploy & operate services at scale to power Twilios next generation products. You are eager to learn from the team as well as inspire your teammates with your knowledge & skills. You think about how data shapes software as much as how your code does. Thinking of scale comes naturally to you. You have a keen sense of how data streams should be managed & how data should be organized. You have experience working with key-value, document & relational data stores. You have at least 5 years experience building large distributed systems with high reliability & scalability.
As a key member of a collaborative & growing team, you will help shape the core of the product. You can expect to
- Design, implement & operate REST APIs for Twilio products.
- Design, bootstrap & scale highly available & resilient JVM microservices & applications. Experience in Java (8 & above) & Python.
- Define & implement tight integrations with other Twilio products & third party APIs.
- Setup & operate high throughput data pipelines to power the product, using technologies like Kafka & Spark.
- Define schemas for various types of data, setup appropriate data stores (MySQL, Cassandra, Redis) & operate them at scale.
- Direct experience with cloud based services (using AWS).
- Mentor & train other team members on design techniques & coding standards.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Analyze strategic markets & provide key findings to internal stakeholders.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify & qualify new inorganic growth ideas from internal & external sources & drive end-to-end execution of M&A.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Lead or assist in all aspects of transactions, including strategy formation, developing business cases, deal execution, & integration.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio & have significant exposure to our executive leadership.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment & discretion in evaluating opportunities, conducting due diligence, & negotiating agreement terms.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We have remote-friendly environment, you will have flexible working hours, etc. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world & we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, political views or activity, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local law. Twilio is committed to supporting our disabled candidates in our job application process. If you need assistance or a change to the hiring process due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.