What you build & where it takes you shouldn't be limited by the capabilities of your database. We created CockroachDB to be the most highly evolved, cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet. Making scale so simple, you don't even have to think about it. Making data so resilient, it becomes impossible to destroy. Making delivery so seamless, your apps run anywhere. Join us on our mission to build a different breed of databaseone born in the cloud & built from the ground up to help companies of any size scale fast, survive disaster, & thrive everywhere.
About the Role
We are looking for a strong writer, creative thinker, & socially savvy marketer to grow our social media presence, with a particular focus on facilitating two-way communication developers. Think of yourself as the host at the world's most awkward pizza party. How do you get the conversation started, & how do you keep it flowing? And more to the point, how do you name-drop CockroachDB without getting called out for name-dropping CockroachDB?
Developers turn to Twitter & Linkedin to gossip & learn (in equal measure) about technology. In this role, you will partner on the strategy & execution for igniting conversation on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, & -- dare we suggest it -- TikTok. You will work closely with the Corporate Communications team, Content team, & Developer Relations teams, & your efforts will increase brand awareness & strengthen our relationship with the developer community.
- Create a high-level strategy for improving & evaluating the quality & quantity of our social media posts. This will include researching past performance as well as competitor strategy.
- Own the social media sharing platform. Including the scheduling of all posts, analysis of performance, & the introduction of new creative campaigns to increase interactions with developers on social media.
- Encourage & enable employees to evangelize the company through their personal handles (e.g., run internal social media competitions)
- Actively listen to social media channels to engage with developers & to route technical questions to support resources.
- Collaborate across multiple departments to cleverly amplify a variety of activities including blog content, livestreams, events, product updates, videos, & more.
- 3-5 years of experience contributing to social media marketing campaigns
- Demonstrated excellence as a writer
- Campaign management skills
- Creative, outside-the-box ideas about how to connect with our audience on social channels
- Proficient analytical skills for evaluating engagement data
In your first 45 days, you will assess the current state of social media marketing & identify opportunities to improve the program. We believe that it's also important for you to take the first month to become familiar with our technology & our company.
After 3 months, you'll be fully integrated into the team. You will begin to introduce new campaigns to the strategy while also carrying the torch for existing campaigns (that have performed well).
As our brand awareness grows you will have the opportunity to expand our social presence across new channels & invest in new forms of social content to stay on trend. Social Media is a place where we can humanize CockroachDB & endear ourselves to our audience by showing them that we are like them. This requires kindness, empathy for the user, research, & the willingness to experiment.
Reporting to Jessica Edwards, Head of Corporate Marketing
Jessica has been marketing for technical products & companies for the greater part of a decade, & worked with non-profits for years before moving into the tech space. She has a deep love of storytelling, education, knowledge-sharing, & community building. After 13 years in NYC, she recently moved to Portland, OR, & is still getting used to the rain.
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse & inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.