Company Description|Job Description
Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Oracle Database Administrator, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
As an engineer in this team, the individual will be involved in the build & run activities related to Oracle database technology & infrastructure. The role will contribute to solution engineering & support as well as being responsible for delivering database projects, maintaining running systems & performing problem analysis & troubleshooting. The individual should be well versed in database administration & engineering practices & principles. The individual will share the responsibility of overall database build, deployment & support. He or she will provide technical influence & subject matter expertise for the database team, responsible for solving complex problems & taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. The role serves as a technical/functional specialist & must be able to work both as part of a team & independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Manage, support & maintain database technology & infrastructure, adhering to the architectural guidelines & policies.
- Database administration: for off the shelf & internally developed applications, ensure continuous 24x7 operation & availability in support of mission critical business applications & participating in on-call rotation.
- Install, configure, monitor, upgrade & maintain Oracle databases in production & non-production environments.
- Support local/across the DC failover with High Availability Disaster Recovery environment with DG/OGG. Participate in Database Maintenance & DR activities.
- Write/maintain OS level scripts for DB automation & application maintenance.
- Provide technical expertise & hands-on support in consolidation & migration of databases to new hardware & platforms.
- Physical implementation of databases, storage structures, high-availability solutions, replication, & disaster recovery solutions.
- Proactive & reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting & resolution of escalated Level 2 & Level 3 issues.
- Regular database capacity planning related to database growth & system utilization, trend analysis, predictive future database resource requirements, & the structured organized reporting of the same.
- Work closely with other infrastructure engineering, product development, business operations, & technical operations teams to ensure delivery of database services within the SLAs & performance targets.
- Adapt business requirements, model data, & develop database specifications, table & element attributes.
- Participate in the evaluation, selection & implementation of DBA tools to improve the effectiveness of tasks such as performance monitoring & tuning, recovery, & database change management processing.
- Ability to work well as a team & as an individual with minimal supervision.
What we're after
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information technology field.
- Mid-level DBA experience, managing Oracle databases, Versions 11g & onwards
- Oracle GoldenGate experience, managing complex replication topology
- Strong understanding of Oracle database fundamentals
- Strong understanding of Oracle GoldenGate fundamentals
- Strong understanding of Oracle DataGuard fundamentals
- Strong understanding of Oracle database security management
- Should have strong Unix platform skills & understanding of network, storage, tiered application environments & security.
- Proficiency in writing PL/SQL procedures, functions & packages for administration & application support
- Strongknowledge of operating systems, Shell scripting, Perl/Python scripting is a plus
- Good interpersonal skills along with effective communication (both written & verbal) skills.
- Ability to lead technical team of DBA to accomplish complex projects
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex systems & database environment issues.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a complex organisation to determine business & customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
- Work experience in a Financial Institution will be preferred.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.