KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provided end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences
Plumbing EngineerBuilding Platforms
This Plumbing Engineer will participate in developing documents, drawings, calculations, & variations for the plumbing scope of Katerra building platforms. These platforms shall incorporate leading edge infrastructure technology & developed to facilitate high degrees of manufacturing (i.e. prefabrication), constructability, & cost efficiency. The perfect candidate will also have strong communication skills, experience performing alternative analyses, experience working with cross-functional teams or in integrated project delivery approaches, & most importantly be driven to challenge typical approaches.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead/support front end loading for plumbing engineering on building products.
- Engineer plumbing systems including preliminary water, gray water, solar heating, sanitary/sewer, & rainwater harvesting.
- Perform lifecycle cost analyses & energy analyses associated with plumbing
- Develop plumbing floor plans & elevations for internal & external spaces.
- Develop device/system specifications & Basis of Design documentation.
- Oversee, review, or participate in detailing, BIM modeling, & high LOD plumbing design.
- Partial/support development & review of Fire sprinkler system designs & potentially mechanical system/storage designs.
- Perform rigorous value engineering of plumbing system designs factoring in costs, constructability, & manufacturability (i.e. prefabrication) & working with the product leads & other resources
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines, architecture, etc. to develop high quality building products.
- Review & revise specifications for Section 22. Provide input for material/ process improvements & implementations in the spec sections for cost reduction.
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years in a lead engineer or lead designer role on commercial buildings, residential or mixed-used buildings
- 2+ year of experience reviewing submittal packages for mechanical, plumbing, or fire sprinkler systems installations.
- High proficiency in all the following tools: Autodesk Revit, Bluebeam
- Working knowledge of the International Plumbing Code (IPC), the Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC) & California Plumbing Code (CPC)
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Bachelors Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) in at least one U.S. state with the potential for reciprocity in all U.S. states.
- Certified Plumbing Designer (CPD) & active ASPE membership.
- Working knowledge of the National Standard Plumbing Code (NSPC)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.