Health care is hard. At Oscar, were here to make it easier. Our team includes people from a broad range of backgrounds who have joined Oscar to make a frustrating system more accessible, transparent, & human. Marketing is a powerful tool in achieving these goals, helping make complex information more intuitive & easier to understand.
As a Product Marketing Manager on Oscars member engagement team, youll be responsible for building our engagement strategy for many of Oscars digital tools & bringing new features to market like search, cost transparency, benefits, drugs, & more. Youll be the subject matter expert on what makes members engage, which members are responsive to what, & youll partner with Product, Data, Design, Concierge, & CRM to translate that knowledge into member engagement.
Youll be part of the larger Member Engagement team, whose goal is to drive engagement with existing members to improve health outcomes & member satisfaction. Its an exciting opportunity to join a growing team with ample opportunity to grow. Were looking for a creative, analytical, & process-driven marketer whos excited about working in a fast-paced environment.
What is the position?
- Own the engagement strategy around search & related tools that help members plan their care. Youll work closely with your product lead & data analyst to oversee & launch go-to-market strategies for new products & features, & lead engagement strategies for existing products.
- Own audience & product positioning for your products & features: Youll be responsible for understanding member behavior related to your products & featuresfrom the macro-trends with partnership from Consumer Insightsto microtrends in partnership with data analytics. Youll use this knowledge to create positioning for various member segments, & share positioning across the organization.
- Coordinate the execution of engagement campaigns. Youll be the main point of contact to ensure your engagement campaigns are executed properly, on time, & that stakeholders are accountable & looped in (e.g., coordinate with our Creative team to build assets for emails, with our product team to determine feature availability & positioning, our communications engineering & data teams to ensure youre reaching the right audience, & our Concierge team to coordinate multi-channel campaign execution).
- Identify trends, opportunities for testing, & measure results. Youll proactively report campaign findings & make recommendations for optimization during & after our 2020 onboarding campaign. Youll manage relationships across the company & synthesize feedback from key stakeholders, create & launch surveys, & ensure that were enabling all available feedback channels.
- Support & inform the member engagement team. Understand differences--from regulatory requirements to preferred terminology & tone nuance-- between our product lines & become a subject matter expert on the distinct ways that we speak with & educate our members. Youll support the greater member engagement team & collaborate on shared initiatives across virtual care, member health journeys, onboarding new members, & more.
Who are you?
- Ability to speak to your audience. You are known as a concise & effective writer. You are empathetic & tone-conscious. You can put yourself in other peoples shoes & tailor your message to address what they care about, in a language they understand.
- A track record of using data & research to inform your work. You are effective at analyzing survey data, evaluating market trends & sizes, & presenting a business case. You are scrappy & comfortable looking for different ways to gather insights on our members. You know how to tell a good story using data.
- Scrappy, resourceful, & a quick study. Things move fast at Oscar. Youre confident in your ability to pick up complex concepts & systems quickly, to learn on the job, & to figure things out even when there arent explicit instructions.
- A knack for building process, with strong project management skills. We manage complex projects with many stakeholders. You have a demonstrated ability to keep track of many moving pieces, without letting the ball drop. You frequently communicate a projects status & action items to stakeholders, & keep everyone accountable. You have proven prioritization skills & ability to identify key risks/problems.
- Flexible team player. You feel comfortable taking ownership of tasks, but are also an effective collaborator. Youre quick to pitch in when something needs to get doneeven if its not listed in your job description. Above all: you are mature, open-minded, & nice.
- 3-5 years of experience engaging consumers or businesses with products & features, including planning, executing, & measuring engagement marketing campaigns
- Experience working cross-functionally with product managers & data analysts, managing competing priorities, connecting the dots, all with a strong sense of EQ.
- A proven track record of using data & analyses to make decisions & recommendations
- An eye for design & creative
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policyhere.