View All Jobs
Have you ever spent hours tracking down facts & data for a research paper? Do you like puzzles or figuring out riddles? If yes, then you might just be the Accounts Payable Specialist that were looking for to join our Atlanta team!
As one of the fastest-growing tech companies HQd in NYC & the leader in revolutionizing how Americans move from one home to another, the Updater team gets pretty busy. Our user base is growing like crazy, & we need a few extra hands on deck to keep our users happy!
Were looking for an extremely organized, self-motivated, & hard-working individual who genuinely loves working as part of a team. Our ideal candidate will have excellent organization & communication skills, & have the ability to manage a diverse workload in a fast-paced environment. If you place emphasis on accuracy then this is the role for you.
A typical day will include assisting with the management of daily A/P operations. You will work closely with the Senior Accounting & Finance staff, as well as many other personnel at Updater to assure processes are completed on time & accurate. This position will report directly to the Accounting Manager.
About the Role
- Receive bills, process in correct entity system & obtain approval
- Ensure approval workflows in AP system are setup correctly
- Prepare weekly check runs & obtain team approval to pay
- Process payments accurately
- Confirm payments in bank activity & post to Intacct
- Set up vendors in system, obtain & store W-9 & contracts - own vendor setup in Bill.com & Intacct
- Save copies of invoices & archive vendor records on shared drive
- Respond timely & accurately to incoming vendor inquiries
- Prepare monthly bill register for AP Accruals
- Own the Expense process including processing reports with correct GL & department coding, & on- & off-boarding employees
- Maintain corporate credit card budgets & issue virtual cards
- Import expense report activity & pull/save Divvy & Ramp statements during monthly clos
- Receive, research & resolve a variety of internal/external inquiries & communicate the resolution of discrepancies appropriatel
- And, other AP responsibilities as assigned
- Empathy: you strive to put yourself in another persons shoes & start to think about the problem needing to be solved from their perspective
- Humility: you have an opinion, but arent afraid to be proven wrong, & are open to suggestions on what tool or technique is best to most efficiently solve a problem
- Strong Communication: you communicate in an easy-to-understand language & build trust with all parties
- Comfort with Ambiguity: youre used to being asked open-ended questions & whittling them down to questions that can be answered by data
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or equivalent
- At least 2+ years of AP experience, preferably in a face-paced environment
- Knowledge of Sage Intaact & Bill.com a plus
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables & vlookups required
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- High level of initiative, attention to detail, & ability to work with minimum supervision
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly forward mail, transfer utilities, connect TV & internet, & much more. Thousands of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily & relocation companies) rely on Updaters real estate products to save clients hours with a branded & personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised over $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors), & more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest rated tech company on the list, & ranked #7 in 2018. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer & will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.