This leadership role is critical to articulating Appians value to key markets & industries through the creation of strategic go-to-market plans that address Appians Industry & Solution target personas. The role is responsible for leading a team of seasoned, industry marketers to define & deliver vertical industry & solution marketing strategies, integrated campaigns, & programs that drive awareness, leads, & pipeline opportunities.
- Provide leadership & direction to define & support new & existing target industries
- Develop personas & messaging, & internal & external content & collateral to support the buyers' journey
- Set strategy for Appian Solutions & industry-focused campaigns, content, & sales enablement to achieve business objectives, & Sales & Marketing KPIs
- Work across Marketing, Sales Industry Practice Leads, & Solutions teams to help set & execute go-to-market for all industry & solution-related initiatives
- Create campaign discipline & process to ensure alignment with key stakeholders & effective execution across teams
- Track the performance of programs, campaigns, & content, & optimize regularly
- In collaboration with industry subject matter & enablement experts, guide creation of materials & training for AEs & BDRs to help them more effectively sell our offerings
- Maintain a deep understanding of the needs & challenges of Appian's customers & prospects, as well as insight into influencers, trends, & the competitive landscape
- Support industry & Appian event activations
- Thoroughly understand & enthusiastically champion Appians product & unique value proposition, internally & externally
- Demonstrated experience in marketing to vertical industries & line of business personas.
- Proven team building & management experience, & demonstrated program management & strategic planning experience
- Ability to define & create campaign & content strategies aligned to the needs of target personas across the buyer journey
- Successful experience collaborating across teams, particularly with product marketing, sales, & Appians solution development group
- Demonstrated market research & analysis experience
- Excellent written & oral communication, including presentation & facilitation skills
- Willingness to dive in, get hands on, & produce high quality messaging & content (leading by example)
- Strong understanding of process automation & low-code platforms & capabilities
- 10+ years of enterprise SaaS platform experience & solution selling experience
- BA/BS degree required
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.