At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. Were improving the worlds economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company & the customers we serve, & are committed to making every day count.
The vision of our Sales, Marketing, & Partnerships team is to drive long-term revenue with small businesses by creating meaningful & value-added engagement at every touchpoint, developing the foundation for an ongoing business relationship.
The Customer Management team is responsible for developing & maintaining relationships with small business owners across North America. Our team takes great pride in educating our merchants on the best lending options for their business, not ours. You will have the opportunity to create an amazing sales career without ever having to make cold calls, with leads provided daily. You will become an expert in SMB Lending.
The Associate Account Manager opportunity on our Customer Management team is a great place to start your career at OnDeck. The intention of this position is to provide a training ground for junior agents to advance & take on their own account base. While assisting the senior team members (for 6-12 months depending on performance) in every aspect of the partnership between OnDeck & our customers, Associate Account Managers will learn our products, markets, industry & the OnDeck sales process & skills. These individuals will be a direct point of contact for our customers & senior sales team to assist in product & application inquiries, expediting the sales process & following through with the customer requests.
As an Associate Account Manager at OnDeck, you will:
- Answer phones & assist callers with their needs.
- Act resourcefully & in an innovative way to solve problems & complete tasks.
- Take customer requests.
- Quote prices, prepare proposals & provide information regarding terms of sales & delivery dates. The Associate Account Manager will help sell renewal loans & line of credit programs to existing customers.
- Throughout the qualification process, you will learn to identify the specific needs of clients & how OnDecks products meet those needs.
- Reach out to inactive customers to find out their experience & attempt to bring them back to OnDeck for any future financing needs.
- Report to management on customer relationships, pipeline, forecasts & new prospects.
- Develop relationships with customers.
Qualifications for success:
- Professional, creative & dynamic presence & the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
1-2 years of prior sales or customer service experience
Excellent written & verbal skills.
Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize multiple task.
Strong interpersonal, oral & written communication skills.
Keen intelligence & negotiation skills.
High-energy, relationship expert.
Ability to hunt down new opportunities from inactive/past customers.
A desire to grow professionally
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing & thriving enterprises. Since 2007, weve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, were reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company & the customers we serve, & are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble & strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each & every team member plays an important role in our companys success. Thats why we strive to provide you & your family with a competitive & comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options & opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small & Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance & Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Built in NYC, Best Places to Work, 2018 (#16)
- Crains New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune & Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! Peoples Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crains New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes Americas Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive & diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDecks employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to & including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**