We are looking for a passionate, creative self-starter to tell the Turo story to Canadian audiences & turbo charge Turos brand awareness in Canada. The Communications Manager Canada will be responsible for all aspects of Communications & Public Relations in Canada, from strategy & ideation to execution.
You will work closely with our local PR agency & Turos teams both in Canada & the US to craft & execute high-impact media relations campaigns while establishing Turos brand & profile with the media & third parties in Canada. This is a unique chance to use your storytelling, relationship-building & project management skills to drive growth for a startup disrupting a multi-billion dollar industry.
This position reports to Turos Managing Director for Canada.
- Drive & own all Canadian PR efforts across all key provinces (Ontario, Quebec, Alberta, British Columbia)
- Define short-, mid- & long-term PR strategy for Canada & work with our PR agency, Turos teams & our community of hosts & guests to turn it into reality
- Craft & execute impactful media relations campaigns to tell the Turo story to Canadian audiences across a broad variety of media/channels (online, print, radio, TV, social, etc.)
- Organize newsworthy events to generate media & public interest in Turo & establish Turo as a thought-leader in the Canadian technology, travel & automotive space
- Build & nurture relationships with social media influencers throughout the country
- Monitor & analyze performance of our PR efforts in Canada
- Own communications & PR budget for Canada
- 5+ years of experience in Communications, either in an agency or in-house
- Experience in the technology/e-commerce/travel space a plus
- Strong leadership skills coupled with meticulous execution
- Highly social & emotionally intelligent, being able to listen & communicate with high levels of empathy, while always maintaining a professional approach
- A voracious reader of the news, always able to connect our corporate & consumer story with trends in the news
- Strong foundation of project management skills, & ability to thrive under high pressure
- Data geek ability to drive coverage with our data
- Ability to quickly solve problems & meet quick deadlines
- Positive mental attitude, high energy, high integrity, strong work ethic, enthusiasm, sense of humor, & a commitment to our mission
- A born networker - keep our relationships going with reporters over coffees, meals & drinks between news cycles, position Turo & our Country Director as thought leader.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic startup environment; youll have guidance when you need it, but youre also goal oriented & can execute without close supervision
- Fluency in French a strong plus
- Competitive salary & meaningful equity
- Employer paid medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Apple equipment of your choice
- Four weeks paid time off
- Weekly team lunch
- Company-sponsored happy hours & team events
- Turo owner matching & vehicle reimbursement program
- Turo travel credit every month
We're an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!