As the Workplace Events Coordinator & Moves Manager, youll help the SF Workplace Events team in coordinating employee requested meetings & events on campus as well as being the lead point of contact for our third-party event moving company. As a team we focus on bringing inspiration to campus events daily; everything from assisting an employee execute the perfect client meeting, approving a campus tour, organizing a yearly office social, even overseeing all of our global offices end of year holiday parties. In doing so, we help create a workplace environment thats fun, inspirational & allows employees the ability to drive home our companys mission in their daily work: To bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love.Please note that this is a 12-18 month, hourly contact, with the possibility of extension.
What youll do:
- Event Requests: Help coordinate approximately 20 events a month for our SF offices. Syncing live with employees ensuring company guidelines are being met during the planning process, managing budget expectations, booking workplace services on their behalf, emailing 48-hour reminders, execution onsite, & being primary workplace point of contact throughout the process.
- Event Production: Booking services with our internal teams as needed & billing costs back to event if applicable. Including but not limited to culinary, security, building engineering, IT, movers, floor plans, other vendor services.
- Moves Manager: primary point of contact to schedule third party moving company who handle large event moves. Booking services for all workplace events (even those outside of your direct events), confirming vendor and, follow up with billing post event.
- Data/Metrics Maintenance: Continually collect relevant data on your events to identify & evaluate trends, potential risks & service deficiencies within the team org.
- Project Assistance: Assist in large team projects & own small ad hoc projects as needed within overall workplace org.
- Collaborate on Large Company Events: Collaborate with senior team members on larger company-wide events for growth & experience.
What were looking for:
- 2+ years work experience as an event coordinator or equivalent hospitality role with direct client/guest interaction.
- Experience with vendor management; booking & onsite management.
- Ability to physically assist (with fellow teammates) small room/furniture moves.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on event needs; evenings & sometimes weekends.
- Excellent customer service & positivity with the ability to proactively address employee needs before they request it.
- Excellent organizational skills to execute multitasking in a deadline oriented environment with quick turn-around times.
- Patient, enthusiastic, driven, positive, hard working professional that wants to learn & grow.
- Desire to learn about event planning, operations & logistics within a tech workplace & understanding that as the planner we work the events, we arent guests of the events.