What is Cat Person?
Cat Person is shaking up the $75B pet industry by bringing love, respect & innovation to a long overlooked & underserved category: cat care. Launched in March 2020, Cat Person offers a line of essentials to help cat parents better care for their cats, including thoughtful food, treats, & beautifully designed furniture & toys. A design-forward brand, we consider both the cats & the cat persons needs in everything we make & do. We arent just here to revolutionize cat care for the millions of cat parents in the US; were here to redefine what it means to be a cat person in culture today.
About the Role
Cat Persons Digital Designer will create breakthrough visual communications that play a major role in defining & growing our brand. This is a unique opportunity to be in-house, helping to build a consumer brand from the ground up. This role will focus on digital design (Email, .com, & Social, 360 campaigns) but will have opportunities to support photoshoots & product design if thats a passion. This role reports directly to the Creative Director.
Who you are:
You are a visual problem-solver with a pulse on Culture & passion for design. You value originality & push yourself to find the best way to use design to solve a problem or elevate an idea. You are strategically minded & can help evolve Cat Persons brand over time as we continuously grow & learn more about our audience & consumer base. You are excited to join a young brand, & can thrive in a fast-paced environment ripe with ambiguity. You are self-motivated & collaborate well with Creative & Web partners. You follow briefs & direction when provided, but actively search for ways to make a meaningful impact when youre not directly asked. Youre constantly looking for opportunities to leave your mark on a new brand--whether thats continuing to craft the design that was done before you arrived or devoting time to think about future Cat Person dream projects. You are organized, detail oriented & present your work in an organized & thoughtful manner. Lastly, you love cats! You will use your knowledge & insights as a cat person to create work that reflects your love, respect & bemusement for them.
What you will do at Cat Person:
- Design innovative digital content for email & organic social channels.
- Create stunning motion graphics for paid social campaigns.
- Help evolve our design language system across digital channels.
- Partner with Copywriters & Designers to conceptualize photo & illustration work & develop & execute digital campaigns.
- Conceptualize supportive marketing collateral for 360 projects.
- Build organized & thoughtful decks that sell through ideas.
- Own the design & creation of Cat Persons visual collateral to be used across digital brand materials including, but not limited to: landing pages, social media, email, display banners, acquisition offers, presentations & site content.
- Work closely with both internal & external creative stakeholders in a highly collaborative manner
- Collaborate with other Designers, Copywriters, & freelancers on a project basis.
- Resize & manipulate imagery as-needed.
- Design & prep artwork for production. Coordinate with vendors & external production partners
- Ensure visual consistency across all projects & visual communication mediums
- Bachelors degree in Graphic Design or Visual Communication
- 24 years of professional graphic design in an in-house or agency design department
- Previous design experience across a range of digital, print, & packaging assets
- Experience with DTC branding & performance marketing a plus
- Portfolio of design content shown to engage & excite audiences
- High proficiency Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, & Sketch)
- Clear understanding of UX & UI principles & mobile responsive design
- Highly collaborative, & ability to work well in a cross-functional team developing cohesive content
- Experience working with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment, with an ability to independently prioritize projects
About Cat Person:
Cat Person is a new brand committed to strengthening the relationship between cats & cat persons by delivering cat care essentials - including food, treats & products - that are specially made for the unique needs of cats, & thoughtfully designed for their people.
By putting modern feline lovers at the center of their research, design, & marketing processes, Cat Person is prioritizing the unmet needs of this fragmented, $75 billion pet market & flipping the script on the stereotype about cat owners. The company was founded in March 2020 with support & initial investment by Harrys, & built by a founding team that has decades of experience launching, growing & scaling transformational brands & businesses across large CPG & direct-to-consumer/e-commerce industries.
As a small team of cat & animal lovers looking to grow our brand & company the right way, with the right people, Cat Person is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
This role can be done remotely, however there may be location constraints based on where Harry's is registered & able to employ individuals. Please work with your recruiter & your hiring manager to understand any location constraints. We are authorized & able to employ individuals in many, but not all states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where we are registered or able to employ individuals, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.