Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Senior Software Engineer for Data/Systems to join our Engineering team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About this role:
As a senior Oscar Engineer, youll join a tight knit, passionate team, & leading the designs of Oscar's next generation of complex, feature rich, business essential services, data pipelines & architecture, & scalable infrastructure. Youll mentor engineers to help them design for stability, performance, & scalability across services or clients.
We take pride in our efforts (deploys > 100/day), our small teams (engineers <= 5), & our ambition (frequency == everyday).
You will report into our Senior Director, Engineering.
What were doing:
- A search engine that connects members to the care they need when they need it.
- A platform to securely, & automatically makes electronic payments to providers.
- A system to price & adjudicate claims in real-time with startling accuracy.
- A generalized platform to communicate with people through multiple channels, including email, snail mail, push notifications, & SMS.
- You have been programming for 6+ years, working with a variety of technologies, & have increasingly impactful accomplishments
- You care about what you do.
- You care about what we do.
- You have experience iterating, whether it be a new shiny technology or an arcane, ill-conceived data structure; our company may be new, but the health industry isnt!
- You have experience with technical contributions, improving the quality of what you create, & are excited to build fault-tolerant, & scalable software systems.
Anything else is a bonus. We believe diversity is an important ingredient in building something great. All backgrounds welcome.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.