Hi, were Oscar.
Were changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service, & healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, & better healthcare.
The Regulatory Affairs team is responsible for managing day to day contact with all our regulators, securing approval of Oscars plan portfolio via annual filings, monitoring compliance with ongoing reporting obligations, & ensuring that member-facing communications meet the expectations set by our regulators.
As an Analyst on the Regulatory Affairs team, you & your colleagues will prepare & submit Oscars annual QHP filings, & monitor Oscars compliance with ongoing reporting obligations to regulatory bodies, associations, & exchanges. This role will have an emphasis on those filings & obligations pertaining to Oscars Western & Central markets, with a particular focus on the California regulators & state-based exchange. You will work closely alongside other Oscar teams including Network Strategy, Legal, Actuarial, & Sales to ensure Oscars full regulatory compliance.
In this role, you will report to & support the Senior Manager, Regulatory Affairs (Western & Central Region) in doing the following at Oscar:
- Maintain systems & processes for internal tracking & monitoring reporting across business units.
- Contribute to the development & maintenance of a repository of internal procedural guides on reporting obligations to support business units & retain institutional knowledge.
- Support successful account relationships with regulatory bodies in Oscars West & Central regions, including state insurance regulators (e.g., DMHC in California, Arizona Department of Insurance, Texas Department of Insurance), & state-based exchanges (e.g., Covered California).
- Prepare, file, & secure approval & certification of Oscars insurance products through the annual QHP filings (form, binder, rate, network) with state regulators, state exchanges, & CMS.
- Help develop member forms, including Certificates of Coverage, Summaries of Benefits & Coverage, & Schedules of Benefits. These notices are sent to each policyholder on an annual basis & are a key milestone for every member.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 1+ years of relevant work experience in business operations, consulting, project management, or healthcare.
- Strong Excel Skills.
- You are collaborative & able to balance & prioritize cross-functional requirements.
- You have acute attention to detail.
Nice-to-have qualifications & skills:
- A technical bend & the ability to use tools to answer your own questions (e.g. SQL/Python)
- You enjoy the problem-solving process & deriving structure & clarity from ambiguous or open-ended inputs
- Experience in healthcare, or another highly regulated industry a strong plus
- Interest in the regulatory compliance world
Above all else:
- You are friendly, thoughtful, & kind.
- You demonstrate humility, maturity, & a lack of ego.
- You always develop a point of view but keep an open mind.
Pay Transparency statement: Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Equal Opp Employer statement: At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Disability/Accommodation: Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.