At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft needs experienced engineers from a breadth of disciplines. Our team has a history of enabling rich & creative features that set the standard for the ride-sharing industry. We constantly innovate & incorporate cutting-edge technologies to make the lives of our community more enriched.
This team is focused on urban transportation & removing congestion, read morehere!
About This Role
The Lyft mobile team is seeking a detail-oriented Quality Engineer who will ensure that Lyfts apps & next-generation features maintain a high level of quality & performance. This will include testing new & existing products on iOS & Android platforms, as well as the integration of the back-end systems that power our client apps.
- Develop, iterate & own all testing-related documentation, including test plans, test cases/scripts, & bug reports assessing the quality & associated risk for complex on-demand functionality across all Lyft mobile applications & their back-end counterparts
- Perform functional manual testing of new & existing features to cover all UX/business use cases & performance tests; ensure error handling & boundary conditions work as defined in product specifications
- Perform acceptance & integration testing on weekly builds of mobile application software
- Ensure test planning, test framework, execution, & reporting is efficient, standardized, & coordinated
- Utilize a bug tracking tool to log & track issues in the current release in testing; verify bug fixes & regression tests of other impacted features perform correctly; verify all releases before & after deployment to production
- Work closely with product, design & engineering teams to help define quality criteria & quality metrics, & create specific use-case scripts to facilitate ad-hoc testing
- Ensure the product, design & development teams understand test results with regard to passes, failures & tests still to be executed
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field or relevant professional experience
- Strong understanding of SQA methodologies
- Experience with mobile development & knowledge of the idiosyncrasies associated with various mobile platforms, screen resolutions, mobile OS versions, & hardware form factors
- Experience with A/B testing
- Ability to use basic Unix commands
- Have the ability to learn quickly & apply product knowledge to your test planning & quickly acquire a deep understanding of the application UX, design details, logic, & dependencies
- Superb attention to detail & ability to identify, isolate & document defects in complex software features
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
Nice To Have:
- Ability to design & implement test automation & unit testing frameworks
- Experience with open source test tools
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages
- Experience working with third-party APIs
- Experience with real-time technology problems
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.