Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future of retail is local. There are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. & Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart & Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of technology & data to connect a growing community of over 150,000 brands & independent retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. By empowering entrepreneurs with the right tools & insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with big box & e-commerce giants. Were looking for smart, resourceful & passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this Role
The ideal candidate for this role will serve as Faires storyteller & customer advocate across social channels by developing a social content calendar aligned to wholesale seasonality & educating & engaging Faires community through product & brand campaigns. This is an ideal role for someone who is creative, collaborative, passionate about social media & excited to help craft & execute Faires global community management strategy.
What Youll Do
- Own day-to-day management of community response & engagement across Faires social media channels including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram & Twitter.
- Actively participate in community conversations & manage online reputation by listening to & engaging directly with customers in a timely & authentic manner.
- Partner with Customer Support team to bring up & triage account or product issues as needed; provide feedback to cross-functional teams on community happenings.
- Develop & drive social content calendar; work closely with Brand Marketing & Brand Studio stakeholders to align social campaigns to Faire product, content, & business priorities.
- Identify & establish POV on new social channels to invest in [TikTok, Clubhouse]
- Maintain consistent brand voice, style, tone & visual identity across all channels.
- Source & curate compelling user-generated content from customer influencers, industry partners & internal team members.
- Get scrappy with light graphic design work (experience here is a plus!)
- Establish key success metrics & measurement systems to track ROI of social strategy.
- 3-5 years relevant experience managing social media platforms or communities (B2B experience is a plus!)
- A clear demonstration of internal cross-functional partnership & collaboration
- Positive attitude - team player & flexible in dealing with changes in direction or priority
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills - ability to write in the Faire style & craft a strong, empathetic, & engaging brand voice on social
- Organized & accountable - high attention to detail & effective at prioritization
- Creative & resourceful- tuned into social landscape, proactively looks for opportunities to test new tactics & improve processes
- Excitement for social media marketing - passion for community building & proven experience working with social media management tools [Sprout Social, Later etc.]
- Passion for Faires mission - excited to advocate for brands, retailers & the Shop Local movement
Why youll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling & our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business & taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology & data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation & machine learning to connect brands & boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious & resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, & develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity & data in our decision making, & reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product & engineering leads from Square. Were backed by some of the top investors in retail & tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, & DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco & Kitchener-Waterloo, & a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London & Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire & our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.