Away is seeking a seasoned programmatic media marketer to lead our programmatic strategy & execution, with exposure to our international markets.
In this role, youll be responsible for architecting our programmatic channel portfolio, designed to hit full-funnel conversion & awareness goals. Youll oversee our experimentation & capabilities roadmap, define our programmatic stack, & be a valuable cross-functional partner for the Marketing, Data, Creative, & Finance teams.
This role reports to our Director, Acquisition Marketing & is based out of our SoHo headquarters in New York City. As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this position.
What You'll Do:
- Strategize & own responsibility for programmatic campaign performance across ad formats (e.g. display, video, audio, & content), efficiently driving revenue & brand awareness.
- Build a programmatic stack & program roadmap after thoughtfully considering our holistic strategy, capabilities, & potential partners across the ad tech ecosystem, in cooperation with the broader Growth Marketing & Data teams.
- Develop a test & learn agenda to understand impact drivers & audience learnings, with an emphasis on causal inference & incrementality.
- Work with senior leadership on the marketing team to evolve an internal point of view on major programmatic & digital trends (e.g. viewability, supply path optimization (SPO), fraud, ad blindness, audience data, cookie tracking, & attribution).
- Collaborate with our Brand Marketing & Creative teams on the ongoing development of creative assets that elevate our brand while driving ROI.
- Uncover new opportunities to acquire customers efficiently & at scale through relationships & with vendor or platform partners.
Who You Are:
- You have at least 5 years of experience in performance programmatic buying, with direct experience managing & scaling multi-million dollar budgets in-house, or at an agency where you manage campaigns at scale within your book of clients.
- You have hands-on knowledge of ad serving solutions, tag management, & ad ops. You are very familiar with the DSP/DMP ecosystem, & can speak to the relative strengths & weaknesses of each platform.
- Youre very familiar with viewability measurement & ad verification (IAS, Moat, DoubleVerify), incrementality measurement, & audience measurement (Nielsen DAR).
- Youre very comfortable with analysis & reporting in Excel or Google Sheets, & may have exposure to data visualization through tools like Looker or Tableau.
- You have experience building & managing a team, & are a true servant leader who believes in developing hard & soft skills in those you lead.
- You have a growth mindset, & add to our company culture by embodying our core values of being thoughtful, iterative, empowered, customer-obsessed, in it together, & accessible.
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment.
- Passionate about travel (but thats a given!)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup. We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, were expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness & lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US & abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? Were hiring!