Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We are looking for a Director of Development to own a key product portfolio in Loyalty & Benefits group. Within this role you will lead a team of smart & talented engineers & architects to translate the function's business vision into a technical reality. Working at the core of one of our strategic functions you will thrive in challenging your rich skill set; you will be a visionary leader, a technical partner, a product advocate, an agile delivery enthusiast, a people enabler & an executor.
As a Director you will:
- Be responsible for & the custodian of the long-term technical strategy forBenefits Product Portfolio
- Collaborate with product management to continuously evolve the product portfolio & deliver value add to the business
- Promote team engagement as well as the ongoing mentoring & professional development of highly skilled technical professionals
- Work with product managers in developing a strategy & road map to provide compelling capabilities that helps them succeed in their business goals.
- Work closely with architects & senior engineers to develop the best technical design & approach for new product development.
- Instill best practices for software development & documentation, assure designs meet requirements, & deliver high quality work on tight schedules.
- Operational Excellence: monitoring & operation of production services
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements & refinements to standards & processes.
- Strong Negotiation Skills: You will be a distinguished ambassador for product development; collaborating, negotiating, managing tradeoffs & evaluating opportunistic new ideas with business partners
- Bachelor degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MS or other related advanced degree preferred.
- Requires 12+ years of experience, at least 3 years of which were in leading engineering teams
- Extensive technical experience with developing application on full stack of HTTP, JSON, Rest, Big data, databases,Java or .Net frameworks.
- Experience with distributed database, distributed computing & high frequency transactions is a big plus
- Proven experience delivering large scale, highly available production software.
- Dynamic leader who has directly managed team of highly competent developers in fast paced work environment
- Strong business & technical vision
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A deep understanding of end to end software development in a team, & a track record of shipping software on time
Conduct requirements gathering with business & developers to ensure clarity of requirements. Lead design review sessions to ensure compliance with development, platform & security standards
Provide strong hands-on technical expertise performing development of platform framework components
Identify opportunities for & contribute to improvements in standards, & processes to support a continuous improvement approach.
Adhering to Visa methodology, develop technical artifacts for sound, high-quality deliverables: from sizing to implementation.
Working with on-shore & off-shore vendors, internal staff, & system integrators manage the delivery of required solution components to ensure quality & timeliness of work.
Communicate effectively & proactively with stakeholders & articulate ideas and
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours & couple of hours in the night to coordinate with other global teams.
- This positionrequiresthe incumbent to travel for work0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.