WHO WE ARE:
BaubleBar is the first fashion accessories brand to leverage real-time data across the entire design process, establishing itself as the go-to brand for unparalleled selection & style guidance at a guilt-free price point. Formally launched in 2011, BaubleBar has since expanded into a unique multi-channel, multi-brand, & multi-category company. Company culture is built on trust, empowerment, & autonomy - teams create what they believe is most important for the company's success. The Companys original guiding mission still rings true today fashion should be fun! BaubleBar is committed to keeping experimenting with trends easier than ever.
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking an Accounts Receivable Specialist who can bring strong organizational & problem-solving skills to the BaubleBar team. The individual will report directly to the Accounting Manager during the cross-training stage, which will be approximately 2 months. The individual will then report directly to the Senior Accountant after cross-training is complete. She or he will own several monthly accounting functions in addition to daily cash receipts & daily customer invoicing. This person will also be responsible for documenting process narratives.
This person will have the opportunity to work with internal stakeholders to ensure the accuracy & reliability of customer invoicing. This will be a hands-on role with an opportunity to make a significant impact on a rapidly growing company. Being a self-starter who enjoys working in a challenging & fast-paced environment will allow you to thrive in this role.
WHAT WE WANT YOU TO DO:
- Process accounts receivable transactions including customer invoicing, cash receipt application, & chargeback analysis.
- Manage collections efforts; associated functions such as documentation of correspondence
- Maintain subledger for accounts receivable & corresponding spreadsheets
- Communicate with clients & customers to request & arrange payments
- Stay up to date on accounts receivable mailbox
- Work with other departments to onboard new customers & resolve customer issues
- Assist in month end close activities such as, cash recs, subledger recs, etc
- Support on ad-hoc requests & special projects
- Balance & prioritize workload in order to meet time sensitive deadlines
- Continuous evaluation of current policies & recommendations for process improvements
- Provide support for internal & external audits
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of related work experience
- Experience with Sage 300 is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel (Pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.)
- Well-organized, with high level of accuracy & attention to detail
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Flexible & willing to adapt to the changing needs of a rapidly growing business
- Self-motivated; able to take initiative to identify & solve problems
- Proactive & able to make recommendations to improve relevant process
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- A great attitude & willingness to help where help is needed