BuzzFeed, the media company for the social age, is hiring a Senior Manager whose focus will be on the implementation & analysis of advertising effectiveness studies across our distributed network.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Ad Effectiveness, this role requires both strategic & tactical skill sets with an eye for numbers, intellectual curiosity, proficiency at problem solving, & a strong command of digital & social media. The candidate must have a proven track record in data-rich analyses & have the ability to convert data into actionable insights & recommendations for our clients.
- Manage all parts of the research project cycle: design research questionnaires; support, document & manage client based projects; collaborate with internal operations on the implementation & management of research programs, including quality assurance; interpret data, write reports, & make actionable recommendations; present findings to account teams & potentially to clients.
- Showcase results & distribute knowledge in a concise manner.
- Develop expertise on assigned client verticals to be able to scope & execute large groups of analyses that deliver insight that ties back to the business & assists with vertical development.
- Understand data across all platforms, verticals, & franchises & how its all tied back to business goals.
- Develop strong working relationships with internal clients, clearly communicating research objectives to internal leadership team, & assist in handling client-facing interactions that involve deep education sessions & recaps.
- Design strategic research programs to reveal new insights with the goal of driving additional revenue and/or bringing new thought leadership to market.
- Develop a deep understanding of all vendors & offerings we leverage, including ownership of vendor relationships & vetting new vendors & tools, to be able to work cross-department to match appropriate research with clients.
- Manage all aspects of direct reports workflow & growth, including helping them to develop their work relationships & research knowledge base & supporting them with the research project cycle & key client correspondences.
- Provide recommendations on efficiencies & improving team workflow.
- Work on ad hoc requests as needed.
- 8-10 years of experience in research & data analysis
- A strong understanding of methodology, data & systems from a broad range of research providers, including emerging tools & methods
- Expertise in online research, campaign effectiveness, online recruitment, audience measurement, & market research is a must. Prior experience working with vendors such as Nielsen DBE (Vizu), Millward Brown/InsightExpress, Datalogix (Oracle), etc.
- Ability to work with partners such as Facebook & Snapchat on customized research
- Experience developing surveys based on specific objectives & in analyzing raw data through the output of survey tools
- Ability to take the data beyond the facts to what it means & why we should care
- Ability to analyze & translate data-based findings into clear, relevant insights & express those insights with passion & brevity, both visually & verbally
- Advanced knowledge of Excel a must. Intermediate PowerPoint or Keynote skills
- Proven ability to design, manage & prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- A proven track record of strong interpersonal skills & successful teamwork & collaboration
- Knowledge of native advertising & current trends in the digital marketplace
- Degree in Marketing Research or equivalent experience in statistics, marketing or psychology
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment & celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for growth & development via work experience & offerings from our in-house Learning Team
- Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, & more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO & unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world & more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, & more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, & hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, youll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools & create content that helps connect people all over the world.