Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring am Associate Director to join our Investor Relations team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
We are looking for an Associate Director for Investor Relations. In this role, you work closely with the Companys leadership to communicate its strategy & financial results to investors & sell side analysts. The IR function leads the quarterly earnings process, analyzes sell side models, maintains competitive business intelligence & industry analysis, & manages investor communications all with an eye on maximizing long-term value.
- Build, maintain, & manage relationships with investors & the sell side community to educate them about the companys strategy, financial position, & long-term goals
- Prepare investment message, quarterly press releases, call scripts, Q&A, & presentations to communicate financial performance & strategy
- Maintain competitive analysis, including the development of peer company & performance benchmarks including analysis of sell side models
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders across leadership, finance, & business unit teams to develop core financial story & ensure forecasts are in alignment with projected financial results
- Follow current changes in accounting, financial industry regulations, & other topics important to the operations of Oscar & the health industry including the ACA & Medicare Advantage
- Advocate on behalf of investors to management & the Board about financial & industry trends, shareholders concerns, & actions that might impact the Companys share price
- 8+ years of professional experience in similar role (buy side/sell side institutions and/or healthcare or tech company)
- Excellent financial modeling, communication, & written skills
- Understanding of healthcare & health insurance competitive landscape
- Experience with insurance company financials including statutory financials is a plus
- Ability to absorb information quickly & synthesize key takeaways
- Collaborative attitude to work in highly cross-functional organizations
- Comfortable in fast-paced environment
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.