Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilios mission is to fuel the future of communications. Twilio powers communications for over 50,000 businesses around the world as a developer platform for communications. Software teams use Twilio APIs to add capabilities like voice, video, & messaging to their applications. This enables businesses to provide the right communications experience for their customers. Behind Twilio APIs is a Super Network, a software layer that connects & optimizes communications networks around the world. This is what allows end users to reliably call & message anyone anywhere. Programmable communications has become more crucial than ever to the success of businesses today.
We are looking for a highly capable, dynamic & experienced Manager Business Development to setup & manage strategic inbound services with a focus on Western Europe. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit to build our growing business being able to expand the deal framework & partnership strategy to deliver the Twilio service in EMEA.
The ideal candidate will possess data analytical, problem solving, client relationship management, & project execution skills. Must be able to balance long term & short term goals by consistently evaluating decisions in terms of impact to the business. The Manager Business Development will be responsible for managing the partner mix, performance, & strategy in accordance with Twilios financial goals, quality standards, & product feature requirements.
Twilio is looking for an experienced team player with:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in communication services, business development & ideally vendor management, MBA a plus.
- Willing to navigate in unknown waters without detailed guidance.
- Capability to create business cases & compare options for decisions.
- Strong influencing skills & ability to deliver results in a global & matrix organization.
- Proven track record negotiating & closing complex agreements. Experience navigating through multiple decision makers & influencers.
- Highly results-oriented, Data driven with strong analytical skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the Skills, Energy, Hands on, Passionate. Persistent. Creative to Gets things done.
- Strong verbal & written English communication skills with the ability to engage with & present to executive level.
- Additional languages such as French, Spanish and/or German is a strong plus.
As the Business Development Manager, you will:
- Define hosting solutions for inbound services including contract design, detailed SLA definition & regulatory & legal compliance.
- Manage long-term relationships with selected hosting providers against cost & quality performance goals for the Twilio service.
- Create a first class internal & external reporting, forecasting & alert system indicating actions for the Super Network team.
- Prepare & lead monthly, quarterly & annual reviews of the business relationship up to presentations at C-Level of partners.
- Act as a business consultant to help partners set their business strategy. Collaborate with internal & external business partners to build, maintain & implement business plans to support the sales effort.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in any of our European offices or remotely . In our offices, you should expect the normal perks: catered meals, snacks, ergonomic desks, along with our bi-weekly global All Hands & more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life; that understands that is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves. We seek out people who live by our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, & video by virtualizing the worlds telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status & operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.