Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK) is a growing & profitable tech company headquartered in New York City that powers visual creativity around the world. We are currently seeking a results-oriented professional to join the Shutterstock team as our VP, Corporate Development & Investor Relations.
You will be responsible for expanding business development activities & contributing to the companys overall strategy & competitive positioning. The successful candidate will have proven skills & a demonstrated track record in identifying strategic alliances, partnerships, third-party relationships & potential acquisition targets to complement & expand existing solutions.
Shutterstock is well positioned to execute on its M&A strategy with approximately $300 million of cash & zero debt. With that said, this role will also be responsible for the strategic planning, business development, coordination & execution of communication for all investor relations activities, strategies & initiatives.
The role will report directly to Shutterstocks CFO & have regular interactions with the CEO as well as the Executive Chairman.
- Develop research, analyses & financial models to drive business case development for key strategic focus areas.
- Work collaboratively with the executive, finance, & legal teams to drive enterprise strategy & execution.
- Drive the mergers & acquisitions process. Define M&A strategy, maintain pipeline, evaluate opportunities, lead diligence activities, & provide general transaction & analytic support.
- Interface with product management, engineering, marketing, & other teams to aid in the expansion of the business
- Assist & support the preparation of quarterly earnings, deliverables, including press releases, conference call scripts, Q&A documents & ad hoc financial analyses.
- Contribute & evolve the investor story through investor-facing materials; become the trusted source for sell-side analysts & investors
- MBA with at least 5+ years post-MBA experience (MBA preferred, but not required).
- Experience in investment banking, private equity, or in a similar corporate development / M&A role with a strong track record of transactional execution & leadership
- Understanding of software business models including marketing technology or advertising technology
- Ability to create sophisticated financial models & presentation materials to support decisions by the Board of Directors
- Proven ability to drive business decisions & operate effectively with a high degree of autonomy.
- Energetic, credible, results-driven, self-starter with a strong executive presence, collaborative mindset, & ability to deliver superior results.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills & ability to work effectively with personnel from all levels of staff & management, within & outside the company.
- Ability to communicate & influence at senior levels
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos & music to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 1 million contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, & currently has more than 297 million images & more than 16 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The companys brands also include Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; & Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com & follow Shutterstock on Twitter & on Facebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V