OUR VISION: THE WORLD. SUBSCRIBED.
Customers have changed. Theyre looking for new ways to engage with businesses. Consumers today have a new set of expectations. They want outcomes, not ownership. Customization, not generalization. Constant improvement, not planned obsolescence.
In the old world (lets call it the Product Economy) it was all about things. Acquiring new customers, shipping commodities, billing for one-time transactions. But in todays new era, its all about relationships. More & more customers are becoming subscribers because subscription experiences built around services meet consumers needs better than the static offerings or a single product.
Our vision is The World Subscribed where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo & author of the best selling book Subscribed).
Zuoras Billing Operations team acts as the gatekeepers of revenue & platform data. We have the unique experience of being customer zero - whereby we use our own software to manage contracts & turn them into subscriptions. Ensuring the accuracy of all that data means long month-end days, but the finance team as a whole has cultivated a supportive team dynamic.
As more & more companies move towards offering subscription based services, Zuora is striving to stay at the forefront of that marketplace. As a senior member of Zuoras Billing Operations team, youll be responsible for managing the data behind some of the most intricate & highest value deals we broker. Your insight into how these deals are structured & executed will provide downstream teams with critical information for revenue recognition, as well as allow for feedback to be parlayed to upper management & the teams responsible for drafting these deal structures. Youll inherently become a Zuora subject matter expert & collaborate with internal Product, Support & Engineering teams to solve problems & drive enhancements to our software UX & for the customer experience.
THE OPPORTUNITY (AKA: Why you want this role over any other out there)
Exciting changes at Zuora during the coming year
- What are the exciting or challenging projects candidates will work on?
- Reimplementation - Were moving from a legacy version of our software onto the latest & greatest Zuora Offering. This role will be instrumental in getting processes documentation in place for operating on the new system.
- How will the work contribute to & impact larger company objectives?
- Evolve our team into the industry standard of subscription billing efficiency & revenue recognition.
- What kind of tools & technologies does your team currently utilize?
- We heavily leverage our own instance of Zuora Billing & Revenue, as well as the full Google & Microsoft application suites & a gamut of SalesForce CRM applications.
- What will they learn?
- Migration, major implementation process, implementing new processes, SOX audit compliance
- Why come here now?
- Chance to join a fast-paced team at a pivotal point in the companys history. The changes starting this year are critical to Zuora reaching the $1B Billing/Year milestone.
- This role puts you In the trenches where you can get a full understanding of how Zuora operates its quote-to-revenue business process while also having visibility to upper management & decision makers who decide where the company is headed next.
WHAT YOULL ACHIEVE
- Oversee billing operations for multi-million dollar Strategic accounts.
- Understand the intricacies of the Zuora billing system tool & strategize on optimum execution of License & Services bookings for better efficiency & accuracy while maintaining SOX compliance
- Understand our current core business processes & adapt them to a new billing system tenant while developing process documents for greater team adoption.
- Collaborate with our Sales Organization on the structure of deals & their execution
WHAT YOULL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Experience with Salesforce, FinancialForce, & Zuora Billing (preferred) or other SaaS billing applications.
- Ability to create clear & concise process documents.
- Proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets
- Ability to Pivot, VLookup, Conditional Format, Index, Match, & Subtotal on several hundred thousand rows of data at a time is a requirement
- Tenacity - more than just a personality trait, this is a way of doing business within Zuora
ABOUT ZUORA & OUR ZEO CULTURE
Zuora (NYSE: ZUO) Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models & acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates & orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-revenue process seamlessly across billing & revenue recognition. Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Ford, Penske Media Corporation, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Xplornet, & Zoom.
At Zuora, we have one CEO but every employee is empowered & supported to be the ZEO of their own career experience. By embedding inclusion & belonging into our processes, policies & culture, we are building a workplace where our 1,200+ ZEOs across North America, Europe, & APAC can bring all the elements of who they are into their work. In addition to an industry-leading six-month, 100% paid parental leave for all our ZEOs, we also offer programs to support your mental health & give back to our communities along with career cash & plenty of learning & development opportunities.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com
Zuora is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Think, be & do you! At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences & contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Zuora does not discriminate on the basis of, & considers individuals seeking employment with Zuora without regards to, race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)zuora.com.