About the role
At Oscar Health we are refactoring healthcare. We want to help each of our members achieve their healthcare goals in a personalized way. To help us achieve that goal we are looking for innovative leaders who think big & push boundaries to refactor healthcare & the healthcare delivery system.
The Vice President, Population Health is a position critical to helping our members achieve their health & wellness goals. The role will be the business leader in the design, development, & management of Oscars condition management & systems optimization efforts. You will oversee & lead a team in determining which populations & conditions to target, designing programs that engage & guide members in their health journey, managing programs to ensure success & achievement of targets, & working cross functionally with other parts of Oscar need to support the programs.
You will be expected to push the limits beyond how these programs are delivered by others today to take advantage of Oscars unique relationship with its members & its flexible, configurable platforms. This role requires a unique combination of healthcare expertise & a strategic mindset to reimagine care management in a way that impacts affordability & clinical outcomes. The ideal candidate will possess a strong knowledge of healthcare organizations & a proven track record of being a leader in the healthcare space driving quality outcomes.
About Member Programs at Oscar
Member Programs is composed of Oscars Population Health, Pharmacy, & Telehealth capabilities. Its central focus is to improve the health & well-being of Oscars members while positioning Oscar to offer greater affordability in its plans. Oscars unique position as a technology innovator has established a platform that can allow for the rapid development & deployment of programs aimed at improving consumers overall healthcare experience. At the same time, Oscar has developed strong consumer relationships which allow for much higher engagement with Oscars membership, opening up unprecedented opportunities to educate & guide consumers in their health journey. Increasingly Oscar is becoming its members care provider through its Telehealth platform. This dual relationship with members allows for further opportunities to impact health & affordability.
- Create a vision & strategy for Population Health to drive differentiation in consumer experience & engagement, improvement in overall health of Oscars members, & affordability & efficiency in the healthcare system
- Working with our data team, create & refine frameworks for identifying, prioritizing, developing, & deploying programs
- Advance the process & approach for the stratification of Oscars membership to identify populations who have suboptimal quality & efficacy in the management of their conditions
- Evaluate potential 3rd party partnerships to deliver population management programs; design requirements for working with 3rd parties & negotiate agreements
- Build & iterate internal & cross-functional processes that level-up efficiencies within the team while driving performance towards ROI goals
- Establish outcome measurements including KPIs to determine the efficacy of programs from a cost & quality perspective; establish cadence for which focus area leads will report out & collectively make adjustments as needed
- Drive operations (both directly overseen & cross functional contributors) to achieve Population Health goals / vitals including targeted ROI for programs deployed
- Improve STARs & HEDIS measures including through processes developed for the identification of gaps in care & strategies for closing those gaps
- Partner with care management / concierge organization on oversight of care managers as it relates to Population Health programs
- Build team talent, talent development, & culture including focus on innovation & collaboration within the team & across Oscar
- Assess current team function vs. future needs & develop budgeting asks for 2021 as it relates to resourcing needed for the teams successful growth YoY
- Continue building strong network of relationships across Oscar to ensure Population Health is a steward for others success as well as staying aware of opportunities to streamline efforts & show cohesive strategy with primary stakeholders
- Bachelors degree in Business, Science, Public Health. Masters Degree preferred
- 10+ years healthcare experience
- 5+ years experience in developing & managing population health programs
- Analytical & operational range to be able to get into the details of cutting edge technological innovations as well as ability to zoom out & see the 10,000 ft view of strategic importance
- Track record of principled decision making with clarity & decisiveness
- High level of emotional intelligence with an ability to listen actively & bring out the best in those around you
- Deep passion for serving others in the healthcare setting
- Experience in creating and/or working within a structured program development process to create consistency & speed to market for programs
- Demonstrated success in driving health & affordability outcomes within populations
- Experience working in cross-functional teams to create & execute business strategies
- Strong leadership skills
- Entrepreneurial & business mindset
- Familiarity with health insurance operations & financials
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.