Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data & its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms & innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation & vehicle history.
Brand Creative Director
CarGurus seeks an experienced creative director with a proven track record of bringing consumer brands to life. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, you will build an in-house agency partnering across the business to help achieve our creative goals. In this capacity, you will lead creative efforts serving the needs of our customer acquisition, retention marketing, brand, PR, social media, content marketing, HR & corporate marketing teams.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as the creative visionary for CarGurus, refining our brand & bringing it to life through a broad range of touchpoints to build awareness, engagement & preference for CarGurus.
- Build & mentor a high-performing in-house creative team to meet the needs of the CarGurus organization.
- Provide leadership for the ongoing interpretation & evolution of our brand standards in support of new applications across the business
- Concept & direct multimedia work including email templates, banner ads, digital videos, offline collateral, content marketing design assets & social media posts
- Partner with brand marketing & external agencies on the creation & optimization of national TV campaigns
- Partner with UX design to evolve overall site branding & where visual design/messaging support is required to build/evolve specific elements of our site experience
- Develop, implement & evolve processes to ensure that creative deliverables are prioritized appropriately & delivered on time, on strategy & on budget
Who You Are:
- 15+ years in a creative role, with at least 7 years of experience managing a diverse creative team of designers, copywriters & video producers
- Highly collaborative & able to partner with & support the needs of a range of internal stakeholders
- Experience mentoring creatives & growing a high-performance team
- Love of design; you stay current & ahead of latest design trends & digital advancements
- Experience with & appreciation for rigorously testing & optimizing creative to deliver performance
- Strong presentation & communication skills (oral & written)
- Deadline-driven, results-oriented & able to prioritize competing demands for multiple internal stakeholders
- Low-ego & an ability to inspire great work from your team, whether designing a marketing campaign or a PowerPoint template
- Experience developing global campaigns & efficiently/effectively localizing creatives
- Previous client-side experience strongly preferred
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity & collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible & hardworking. We have a great respect for testing & learning & a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball & ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK & Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI & Dublin, Ireland. If youd like to learn more, please visitour careers page.