Were changing the way people send money abroad. Were taking something complicated & making it simple. Our people & our technology work together to create faster, easier & lower cost money transfers. We send to more than 145 countries around the world & have over 3 million happy customers. We believe in helping our customers hard work go further. Weve helped millions of children to go to school, helped thousands of people to receive medical treatment and, every week, we help tens of thousands of people to pay their bills. But most importantly, we do it all with the creativity, imagination & colourful spirit of our customers.
Changing the world isnt easy, but were hoping to find the right people to join us on our way. If you think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems & have the drive to make things happen, you might just be what were looking for.
Reporting into the Chief Marketing Officer, the Analysis & Insight Director is a key senior hire for the business. This role will be responsible for leading & managing the delivery of customer analysis & insight to inform decision making & business intelligence across marketing & the wider business.
The right individual will leverage their strong technical knowledge to develop & own the strategy for customer analysis & insight within WorldRemit, this includes customer analysis (e.g. customer, cohort, corridor & value segmentation), campaign analytics (e.g. offline & online campaign performance & CRM effectiveness) & customer research (both qualitative & quantitative analysis).
They will drive improvement through data, analysis & insight & the promotion of a data-driven culture. They will need to be energetic & capable of driving change whilst also taking people with them, working closely with marketing, technology, operational, product & commercial teams across the business. Stakeholder management & relationship building will be as significant to success as any technical skill set.
- Being a visible leader & champion of the adoption of analysis & insight in decision making & ensuring customer insight more accessible to the wider organisation.
- Working in collaboration with internal customers to set the insight & analytics agenda & co-create insights that shape both the definition of local strategies & their successful execution.
- Ensuring analytical & insight outputs have recommendations that are practically doable & have a clear line of sight to expected commercial outcomes, commonly conversion, retention, cost saving, incremental value, campaign ROI & cost to serve.
- Ensuring that as far as possible, analytical output is scaled, automated, visualised to drive engagement & rapidly disseminated.
- Understanding what our customer segments truly value, how well we satisfy their needs & getting the organisation to understand & act on this.
- Ensuring a fit-for-purpose toolset through the continuous evaluation of the tools available in the wider market place & making recommendations to amend the toolset as required.
- Working closely with the data team to ensure that we have the most appropriate data to support our ambition, including third party profile data, to support our business needs & making proactive recommendations for enhancements & new sources as necessary.
- Championing the trialling & adoption of new approaches to both data analytics & research techniques (e.g. A.I / neuro science / marketing & behavioural economics)
- Coaching the team to achieve superior levels of both stakeholder management, to enhance their impact on the business in a commercial context as well as providing hands on direct support to assure delivery when needed.
Significant experience of running analysis & insight teams that have created demonstrable change through the commercial use of insight/ data driven outputs
Educated to a degree standard, ideally in a mathematical, economic or scientific related discipline
Commercially focused with natural desire to be connected with the commercial agenda of the business
Collaborative leader with a wide perspective & proven ability to influence at senior level
Ability to articulate analysis for a non-technical audience with clarity & in an engaging way
- Experience analysing large datasets in a consumer facing business (SQL, R, Python, Access)
- Exposure to & understanding of data from marketing platforms (e.g. CRM platforms, DoubleClick, Google AdWords, Facebook, Branch/Mobile App Tracking, Google Analytics)
- Experienced in techniques to deduce influences from different attributes e.g. multiple regression, multivariate analysis of variance, discriminant analysis
Demonstrable analytical problem solving capabilities
Advanced level experience with Excel
Strong appreciation of different research methodologies & voice of the customer data sources
Experience with data visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau)
Robust knowledge of all elements of CRM & CX management including use of RFV & behavioural customer segmentation & decisioning.