Company Description|Job Description
Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as an First Level Ops Technician, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
As a member of Global Network Operations Centre (GNOC) team, the First Level Ops Technician is the in-shift detection, notification & escalation point for network issues. They have the primary responsibility for managing & responding to Network, Hardware & external client & circuit events which may result in impaired connectivity to our clients & internal business. The position requires an in-depth understanding of how logical & physical connectivity issues can affect transaction quality.
What we expect of you, day to day.
The preferred candidate will possess all of the following competencies:
- Understanding of customer topology & potential work-around scenarios to mitigate client impact.
- Modify & create work instructions or Recipes to prepare for similar impacting events & allow for a quicker response. Constantly review work instructions for accuracy & solicit improvements through second level support groups.
- Ability to communicate effectively throughout the incident management process to ensure that all communications are timely & accurate, as per documented process.
- Follow documented support procedures, managing each issue through resolution or turnover in order to maintain established service levels.
- Track update & resolve all assigned incidents, changes & problem reports in the incident management system, ensuring that documentation is thorough, accurate & meets a standard of high quality.
- Properly escalate incidents in a timely manner per support guidelines & procedures.
- Proactively monitor, recognise, analyse, isolate and/or resolve documented hardware & software problems utilising a variety of hardware & software testing tools & techniques.
- Liaise with L2 support groups and/or development groups to collaborate on the resolution of incidents.
- Support project schedules & changes.
- Maintain technical skills through participation in ongoing training.
- Responsible for the internal & external communication of issues to management, other internal support groups, & the customers via pages, email broadcasts or phone.
- Should have a strong understanding of transaction message flow & the different types of exceptions that can be encountered resulting in cardholder impact
- Incident bridge stewardship in support of timely resolution of internal issues
What we're after
- Basic knowledge of TCP, switching & routing, data-centre, WAN, tunnelling, Ethernet carrier transports & Wifi
- Basic load balancer knowledge
- Knowledge of Solarwinds, NetCool or similar fault monitoring toolsets
- Knowledge of ServiceNow or other incident & change management tools
- Previous experience as an Operations Support Analyst, or equivalent Network experience.
- Ability to work 12hr rotating shifts, with possibility of future move to 8hr rotating shifts
- Excellent verbal/written communication, organisational skills, ability to prioritise a constantly changing work load. Interpersonal skills & ability to excel as part of a team.
- Uses sound judgement in determining priorities & enlisting support of other internal groups to prevent any compromise to Visa business or client service level agreements. Proper escalation to support groups based on criticality & exposure.
- MS Office suite proficiency
- Preferred:Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Preferred:ITIL certification
- Preferred:Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or studying in progress towards a CCNA or equivalent qualification
- Desirable: Any experience of network automation especially toolsets such as Python or Ansible
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.