Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The System Analyst is responsible to fully support the batch processing for Visa's Debit, Data Platforms & Core Systems applications in a multi-data center environment. The daily duties include: monitoring batch processing flows, resolving errors following incident & problem management processes, & supporting daily change activities. The System Analyst must be a team player, possess excellent communication skills, have the ability to multitask, & prioritize issues that need immediate attention.
- The analyst is responsible for operations management & recovery of the Visa's Core batch applications & services which include:
- Taking corrective actions to recover failed jobs & ensure batch processing is executed on time.
- Monitoring batch processes & addressing issues to meet SLAs.
- Escalating appropriately based on documented processes.
- Documenting all issues following standard ITIL Incident & Problem management processes.
- Preforming Change reviews, executing change tasks, & coordinating change activity as needed.
- Following all defined processes, procedures & standards.
- Defining & updating all team documentation including the daily shift handover.
- Assisting support teams in updating job documentation & job schedules as needed to support efficient batch processing.
- Preforming proactive analysis of the Visa's complex batch schedules to detect potential problems. When necessary take preventive actions.
- Preforming UAT (user acceptance testing) for new or upgraded operational monitoring tools & batch related user interfaces.
- Working knowledge of Unix, Linux, Windows, z/OS & Tandem Non- stop operating systems.
- Strong working knowledge of one or more enterprise batch scheduling solutions (Example: ESP)
- A strong ability to understand the Visa applications, associated batch flows & the services they provide in relation to the service levels & impacts to Visa's customers.
- Working closely with the Application Support, Development, & engineering groups to implement corrective measures & offer solutions where applicable.
- The ability to multi task, analyze & diagnose complex issues when working with various support groups.
- A strong understanding in Incident, Problem & change management per the ITIL process.
- Strong reporting & documentation skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Technical staff member with general software configuration & troubleshooting skills. Includes (but is not limited to) z/OS, Linux, Unix, & Windows Systems
- Proficient in utilizing an enterprise scheduling solution (Example: CA - ESP) to monitor & manage batch processing.
- Demonstrated strong ability in resolving routine problems with job failures, issues with Job schedules, & common script failures within technical areas of responsibility, following documented handling procedures.
- Ability to work independently & as part of a team.
- Ability to handle pressure & difficult situation in a professional manner.
- Performs Incident, Change & Problem Management in accordance with documented guidelines.
- Be able to respond / action escalation utilizing our knowledge base within Incident tickets, websites, & documented process/procedures.
- Ensure all issues are tracked & resolved to maintain & make improvements to ensure no SLA's are missed or extended outages occur.
- Strong ability to apply problem-solving & technical skills.
- MS Office Proficiency
- Experience in working with various technical teams which include application support, development & engineering teams.
- Strong understanding in Incident, Problem & Change management per the ITIL process.
- Operational knowledge on CA-ESP, CA-DSeries, Netcool Alerting Tool, Service Now Ticketing Tool
- Working Knowledge of MVS, Hadoop, Windows, Linux, & Unix platforms in a multi data-center environment
- Functional knowledge for database for DB2, SQL, & Hadoop storage formats (Apache Spark/Apache Hive)
- Operational experience with file transfer protocols such as FTP, SFTP, Connect:Direct
- Function effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently & to also work effectively as part of a collective team
- Strong analytical & diagnostic skills; e.g., root cause analysis
- Experience working directly with customer support to solve technical problems
- Must have a strong commitment to execution, follow through & timely communication
- Excellent writing & interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical & non-technical customers
- Good organization skills. High level of attention to detail
This position requires the incumbent to travel up to 10% of the time.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.