Help us make a great product better
If you are a passionate coder who wants to make an impact working on a product that clients love, wed want to talk with you.
At CB Insights, we build products that help clients make sense of the future & drive their businesses forward, using data. Our systems retrieve large amounts of structured & unstructured data, use scientific methods to extract knowledge & insights from the data & present the data through a sophisticated dynamic user interface which enables the user to find answers to their most important questions.
CB Insights is seeking a Lead Test Engineer who can help guide our software testing efforts in designing & implementing automated systems that test our products. Our software under test includes our SaaS platform which is fronted by a web app, a mobile app, & a microservices backend (with data processing jobs & data science jobs).
The mission for the role of Lead Test Engineer is to standardize, evolve, & unify our automated testing efforts to ensure our tests are deterministic, fast to run & easy to understand. This person will lead our engineering testing practice & work across the department's engineering teams to define initiatives to improve our code/productivity by educating the teams on how to write code that is easier to test, as well as leading our software testing efforts.
We want to find the best person for the role regardless of where you are located & this role is open for candidates who are working remote as well as candidates who prefer to work from our New York City office.
Key Responsibilities of the role
- Lead the engineering testing practice to
- Guide & evangelize our overall software testing process
- Coordinate the implementation of our testing infrastructure across various languages & software disciplines
- Define & set our expectations around good & bad software tests
- Work with test engineers & product managers to create detailed testing plans for projects
- Provide technical guidance to our Test Engineers on the various software teams
Experience & Qualifications well be looking for
- An experienced engineer who is passionate about automated testing & who has learned through several years of experience in the field
- Strong programming skills obtained through any means (self-thought, code academy, university degree or any other way)
- Proven ability to guide & influence the testing practices of an organization
- A desire to constantly improve your skills & the software system
- An analytical & detail-oriented mindset with strong communication skills
- Comfortable working with engineers that are remote as well as from the local office
- Experience with, & a desire to, follow an Agile & Lean approach to software development (we follow a variant of Scrum & use Jira)