All about these Boxed Boxes!
Boxed was launched in our CEOs garage in 2013 by our four founders; an eclectic group of experienced tech pioneers. They had a simple idea: to make shopping for bulk-sized products easy, convenient & fun. Today, we deliver a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country. We work out of our corporate headquarters in New York City, another corporate office in San Mateo, & our three fulfillment centers serving the country from New Jersey, Nevada & Texas.
Were a late stage start-up that places technology & innovation at the heart of all that we do. Our technology platform & automated, state-of-the-art fulfillment centers make headlines & our systems utilize machine learning, predictive analytics & other technologies to ensure a delightful B2C & B2B online shopping experience. While technology is at the core of what we do, providing a personalized, thoughtful & seamless shopping experience is at the core of who were are. We value each & every customer & every single order receives a hand-written thank you note.
Unpack your Potential at Boxed!
Boxed is made up of a vibrant & fun group of engineers, designers, marketers, sales people & operations specialists -- just to name a few! We work with passion for driving superior value & experience to our customers. Our customers choose to buy from Boxed because we save them time & money, which in turn makes their lives easier. Thats where you come in!
Boxed is hiring an efficient, detail-oriented Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our Finance team. This position will focus on all Accounts Receivable responsibilities, including but not limited to: Billing, Collections, Cash & AR Reconciliations, Customer onboarding, etc.
You will work on:
- Review AR balances on a daily basis to ensure payments are made on or before the due date
- Bill customers on a daily, weekly & monthly basis depending on billing cadence with the customer
- Apply & reconcile customer wire/ACH payments
- Apply & reconcile check payments
- Review & Monitor credit limits
- Liaison between Finance & the B2B/Partnerships team
- Manage partnerships with our factoring partners & our customers
- Bill back vendor partners for trade funds & marketing dollars
- Process incoming mail concerning AR related matters
- Proper recording & application of cash, management of outstanding invoices, & direct interfacing with customers on collection matters & dispute resolution
- Communicate with clients about billing discrepancies & answer any questions they may have
Month End Close:
- Reconcile Accounts Receivable account
- Reconcile Vendor Funds Receivable account
- Reconcile Operating Cash account
- Assist in any reporting & analysis related to the accounts managed
- Assist with any Ad-Hoc projects related to the accounting close
- 3-4 Years of experience required
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel
- Hunger to learn & ability to absorb new information quickly
- Detail oriented & highly organized
- SQL experience a plus
OUR package for you!
Alongside our customer focus & technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang, Americas Dream Boss for our generous benefits. Every day is bring your dog to work day at Boxed! In addition, our team enjoys competitive compensation plus stock options, endless snacks, flexible parental leave, unlimited paid time off, company lunches, & lots of other perks -- just some of the reasons we made Crains list of best places to work in NYC. Wed love to meet you, so apply today!