The Data Engineering Analyst will report to the Director of Data Architecture in developing a long-term strategy & roadmap for building an Enterprise Data Warehouse. This Data Warehouse will house finance, sales, marketing & product data from which business intelligence & data analytics capabilities can be developed. The Data Engineering will also assist in short-term tactical tasks aimed to meet immediate reporting & analysis needs from different business departments.
About the job
- Facilitate the discovery & requirement gathering sessions with different business stakeholders to understand the data needs for reporting & analytics.
- Create a document that captures the mapping of the requirements to the source system / application that store the golden record data asset.
- Translate the business logic into actionable artifacts like source to target mapping, data integration patterns.
- Provide data modeling & data architecture recommendations to ensure core data assets are managed & governed as per enterprise standards.
- Have a hands-on approach, whenever required, in developing data pipelines using tools such as Informatica Cloud, Python & SQL to ingest, transform & manipulate data for analysis & reporting purposes.
- Profile various disparate (internal/external) data sources & document findings
- Clearly articulate data acquisition, integration strategies along with inherent risks with each strategy.
- Be a Technical advisor & subject matter expert on the effective use of data modeling practices, data analytics, & optimal data architecture
- Convey a self-motivated, pragmatic & get-it-done attitude
- Build productive partnerships with various business divisions within Appian
- Recommend & present guidance through data analysis
- Requires relevant BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working on projects & assignments in the areas of Data Management, Data Analytics or Business Intelligence.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working on ETL tools such as Informatica Cloud (preferred), SSIS or Python using both structured & unstructured data.
- Strong transactional & analytical data modeling knowledge including database administration & SQL query skills.
- Has experience working on Cloud based technologies; AWS preferred.
- Has hands-on experience working with one of the cloud Data Warehouse technologies such as Redshift, Snowflake or Databricks.
- Strong communications skills with the ability to create presentations across different levels in the organization.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of ERP & CRM based applications.
- Knowledge of building APIs using REST concepts.
- Knowledge of data visualization tools such as Tableau, MS Power BI or Looker.
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com & let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.