WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, Hitched, The Bash, The Bump, & more) inspire, inform, & celebrate our communities as they move through lifes milestones. Our couples & business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
We are looking for an energetic & eager Legal Intern to join the Companys global legal team for The Knot Worldwides Summer 2021 Internship Program. The Legal Intern (you!) will gain exposure to the various aspects of a global corporate legal department, including contract review & negotiation, legal research, intellectual property, data privacy, employment, compliance, & more. We are a highly collaborative team, so you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects with the entire US Legal Team. The role would be for 40 hours per week (based approximately on East Coast hours) for a 9 week period.
Applications will be accepted for this role through March 8, 2021.
- Working with our attorneys & paralegal on domestic & international legal matters such as corporate law, data privacy, employment law, compliance, & disputes
- Working with our business groups to understand & find efficient, practical solutions to their legal requirements
- Reviewing & helping to negotiate client, partner & vendor agreements & developing & maintaining legal agreement templates
- Assisting with ad-hoc projects by researching legal issues & regulatory developments & preparing summaries of research
- Participating as team members in large projects such as corporate transactions & financings, litigation, or other large projects as those events occur
- Performing other appropriate duties & special projects as needed
SUCCESSFUL LEGAL INTERN CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Bachelors degree & at least 1 year of experience at an ABA accredited U.S. law school
- Ability to manage, organize, & prioritize workload & multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Have strong analytical & organizational skills & be detailed-oriented
- Be self-motivated & have the ability to work with varying levels of supervision
- Fluency in a foreign language, particularly Spanish, a plus!
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume & invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, & apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW & make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate & experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, & inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency & own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success & you play as a team.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM OVERVIEW:
The TKWW Summer Internship Program offers students the exciting opportunity to explore the fast paced tech industry, working for a global leader in weddings. During the program, interns will gain hands-on experience working alongside our teams, while experiencing cross functional programming, speaker series, intern events, & so much more. The TKWW Internship program is paid, full time, & runs for 9 weeks.
- Case Study Competition
- Weekly Speaker
- Series Networking Day
- Partnership & Mentorship Opportunities with Business Leaders
- End of Summer Celebration
- And More!
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your application, you acknowledge that youve read the California Privacy Notice.