Moda Operandi is seeking a Financial Analyst to be based in Manhattan & report to the VP of Finance. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for building financial forecasting models & translating operating results into analysis that guide the business in making well informed decisions to improve spend efficiency & overall profitability. This position will need to work effectively across organizational & functional boundaries to develop a strong understanding of each cost center & its impact on profitable growth to drive strategic decisions. This role requires organization & skill at creating structure in situations that are uncertain or ambiguous in a rapidly growing & dynamic business.
About the Role:
- Build & maintain financial models used to accurately plan & predict financial performance based on past trends & forward-looking strategies
- Partner with department heads to build annual budgets & ongoing forecasts, analyze business performance, & identify cost efficiencies
- Develop sensitivity analyses for key performance drivers
- Build ROI models & analyses for new & existing initiatives
- Develop reporting infrastructure to enhance visibility across the business
- Analyze performance trends & variances to forecast, & produce monthly & quarterly financial reviews for Management & Board of Directors
- Support the development of Board & investor communication materials
- Build collaborative working relationships with business leaders throughout the company to influence them to superior results through data driven insights
- Establish a regular cadence with business owners to review financial performance & projections.
- Present financial data & analysis with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive operating strategy & efficiencies; leverage analytical findings to identify actionable business recommendations
- Champion the advancement of financial planning tools/systems & streamline processes
- Thrive in a fast-paced & constantly evolving company
- Prefer providing financial insights over financial reporting
- Get excited partnering with colleagues outside of finance
- Enjoy building structure around loosely defined projects & establishing a sense of ownership to see projects through to completion
- Are a scrappy problem solver when resources are scarce & information is incomplete
- Have solid understanding of financial statements, & modeling techniques
- 4+ years of experience in financial, strategic, analytical, consulting or other role incorporating financial analytics & forward looking financial modeling; top tier MBA a plus. Experience analyzing e-commerce companies is a double bonus.