Weve got big plans at Ritual - to help support our growing teams, were looking for a Data Engineering Manager. Working at Ritual requires drive & passion for shipping high-quality product - its about looking at feedback & data, making smart decisions quickly, & solving problems with a mind for business & a customer-centric vision. Data drives all of our decision making & the impact of this role will include not only leading our Data teams, but crafting a vision for how we engineer & action data into the future.
In this role youll oversee 2-3 squads of Engineers focussed on Data Engineering, Science & Machine Learning. The ideal person for this role brings equal parts grit & poise. Were placing a high premium on previous experience in a start-up or similar paced environment. You need to be able to easily jump from thinking about high-level design, architecture & strategy to digging down & getting your hands dirty as you support your team. A huge part of your impact will be growing your team, including very active participation in interviewing/hiring & work to establish performance management, one on ones, coaching & development plans. Youll require a solid technical foundation & a desire to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
We Really Value
- Direct experience as an Engineering Lead or Manager & deep roots as a developer
- Strong knowledge of Data Engineering/Science/ML - Python, SQL, GCP, Big Data frameworks, ML models & more
- Exposure to microservices, cloud hosting & networking
- A strong proponent of Agile methodologies
- A hands-on approach, be comfortable participating in code reviews, design sessions, stand ups & more
What We Offer
- Opportunity to work on an amazing consumer-facing product used by hundreds of thousands of people worldwide
- Competitive compensation package & equity in the business - we are all owners
- Healthcare coverage from day one & a generous vacation policy
- $15 daily in-app credit towards lunches & coffees
- Fun company-sponsored events & off sites
Rituals mission is to digitize local commerce. We are an online marketplace connecting consumers to their local merchants. Were here to make the discovery & purchase of goods & services on a local scale more efficient & accessible. Ritual was founded in 2014 in Toronto by a group of serial entrepreneurs & ex-Googlers with the vision of bringing digital efficiency to the local commerce space. Since then, the company has grown to 290+ people & has raised $150 million in venture funding.