Okta is seeking an experienced director to own our executive communications program, lead a highly-skilled team, & support a wide range of Okta executives & their thought leadership platforms. You will report to Oktas Director of Communications, & partner with our executives to share Oktas story & vision with the world.
You will work closely with the existing team to drive Oktas executive communications strategy, bringing fresh perspective & an operational approach to our work with C-level executives. An ideal candidate has a proven track record of building thought leadership platforms for executives, managing multiple high-stakes projects at once, & building teams.
Communications is an incredibly strategic & visible function at Okta & were looking for a driven, experienced leader who will start making an impact immediately. This role requires a deep understanding of our industry, enterprise software & cloud computing.
The ideal candidate has:
- 10-15 years of relevant communications experience.
- Experience working directly with CEOs, C-level executives, & SVPs; ability to engage with & influence senior executives & leadership teams with gravitas.
- A growth mindset & passion for building high-functioning teams.
- An understanding of Oktas business & experience working with cloud companies.
- Experience crafting stories on technical concepts & enterprise products, & the ability to quickly identify trending topics & issues with a defined point of view; not afraid to take risks or a controversial stance.
- A passion for internal communications & change management; experience helping executives communicate effectively with their teams.
- An eye for design & the ability to clearly articulate your vision to translate a message into a visual medium.
- An understanding & passion for multimedia, visual storytelling, & modern communications platforms.
- A strong, clear writing style & voice, with excellent writing & editing skills.
- A detail-oriented, analytical approach, with the ability to manage multiple, high-profile projects & deliverables.
- BS/BA degree.
- Spearhead the strategy, development & execution of executive communications programs.
- Craft & oversee multiple executives platforms, research new topics, & pioneer creative ways to share stories across different channels, including but not limited to videos, blog posts, bylines, & social media.
- Manage & build a highly-skilled team of executive communication leads.
- Become an Okta messaging expert with the ability to simply express complex narratives for technical & enterprise audiences.
- Partner closely with Oktas corporate events team, internal design team, & external partners to bring our executives messaging & vision to life via compelling presentations & speeches.
- Collaborate with the global content & communications team & our agency partners around the world to build & expand on Oktas executive communications program.
Oktas Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our companys actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, & maintain transparency. Its our expectation that our managers & leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills & perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback & reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths & weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals & the organizations goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities & translating them into breakthrough strategies.