Company Description|Job Description
Denodo is the leader in data virtualization - providing unmatched performance, unified access to the broadest range of enterprise, Big Data, cloud & unstructured sources, & the agilest data services provisioning & governance - at less than half the cost of traditional data integration. Denodo's customers have gained significant business agility & ROI by creating a unified virtual data layer that serves strategic enterprise-wide information needs for agile BI, big data analytics, web & cloud integration, single-view applications, & SOA data services across every major industry. Founded in 1999, Denodo is privately held.
In the 2015 Forrester Wave for Enterprise Data Virtualization, Forrester recognized Denodo as a leader in Data Virtualization & mentioned, Denodo is executing well on its vision to support more enhanced connectors & adapters to new sources; improve scale & performance to support complex & real-time analytics, & integrate with leading in-memory computing & cloud platforms.
Your consulting projects will include integrating data in a virtual manner for operational and/or informational purposes - Integration of 100+ data sources for a Customer Service Multichannel IT Infrastructure; implementation of Logical Data Warehouses & Virtual Datamarts to enable modern Business Intelligence solutions, Integration Layers for Hadoop-based Data Lakes, & support for Agile Operational Reporting on a diverse Big Data infrastructure are just a few flavours of your future projects.
Be part of an elite team in a rapidly growing international software product company. Your career with us will combine cutting edge technology, exposure to worldwide clients across all industries (Financial Services, Automotive, Insurance, Pharma, etc.), exciting growth path for technical, product & customer-facing roles, direct mentorship, & access to senior management as part of a global team. Your mission is to help our clients & prospects to realize their full potential through accelerated adoption & productive use of Denodo's data virtualization capability in many solutions.
Location New York, NY
Duties & Responsibilities
As a Data Engineer Virtualization (f/m) you will successfully employ a combination of high technical expertise, client communication & coordination skills between clients & internal Denodo teams to achieve your mission.
- Conception, implementation, & execution of customer-specific integration projects based on the Denodo Platform.
- Education, coaching & support during the introduction as well as ongoing projects of the Denodo Platform to achieve high level of client satisfaction.
- Diagnose & resolve clients inquiries related to operating Denodo software products in their environment.
- Participate in problem escalation & call prevention projects to help clients & other technical specialists increase their efficiency when using Denodo products.
- Contribute to knowledge management activities & promote best practices for project execution.
- Implement product demos & pilots to showcase Data Virtualization in enterprise scenarios, cloud deployments & Big Data projects.
- Provide timely, prioritized & complete customer-based feedback to Product Management, Sales, Support and/or Development regarding client's business cases, requirements & issues.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience Range: 2-5 years (Fresh Graduates must be top-ranked & exceptionally qualified)
- University Degree relating to information systems or computer science (Bachelor or Master degree)
- Understanding of Data Integration flavors
- Solid understanding of SQL & good grasp of relational & analytical database management theory & practice. Good knowledge of software development & architectural patterns.
- Technical skills include Java development, JDBC, XML, Web Service related APIs, experience with version control systems (e.g. SVN, git).
- Basic experience in Big Data, NoSQL, & InMemory environments is welcome.
- Experience in Windows & Linux (and UNIX) operating systems in server environments.
- Personal & Relationship qualities: Professional curiosity & the ability to enable yourself in new technologies & tasks. Active listener. Curiosity & continuous learning. Creativity. Team worker.
- Communications: Good written/verbal communication skills in English (other international languages a plus) are essential for interaction with clients, making presentations, attending meetings & writing technical documentation.
- Willingness to travel.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity.
- We respect, value & welcome diversity in our workforce.
- We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, & we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.