THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, & for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity & passion, always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, & put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers lives, cooking & creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
The Senior Manager of Operations (CX) will work closely with the Director, developing & executing strategic initiatives which will build the best-in-class experience for our customers. The ideal candidate will be a sharp multidimensional leader who excels in a collaborative, high-energy, fast-paced environment. This person must be an expert in customer-centric strategies & have a deep perspective of the customer's outlook across all aspects of the business starting with Customer Support & extending through other departments.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Manage CX operational components including operations & concierge functions
- Direct & oversee priorities, responsibilities, & performance management of all direct reports
- Represent CX perspective in cross-departmental projects & identify downstream impacts
- Execute & refine operational processes & across other departments to increase efficiencies & improve daily operations
- Monitor, manage-against, own & report weekly performance metrics against all KPIs to develop execution strategies, tier management, & optimization of hours of operations
- Investigate different customer-centric solutions to contribute to best-in-class customer experiences
- Launch new channels & needed tooling, to build seamless integration with existing channels & processes for utilization & adoption
- Effectively communicate to ensure complete alignment of operational activities & priorities across both the department & company
- Manage & delegate key activities to cross-site leaders to ensure excellent standards for CX daily operations & strategies
- Act as a single point of escalation for all high-priority customer issues & communicate with leaders across all departments to resolve
- Own concierge & sales driven strategies, metrics, & KPIs
Direct reports: CX Assistant Manager for Service & CX Concierge Supervisor
Interacts with: Customer Experience employees at all levels; Department leaders in our NY office; Third party call center leaders
Travel: Up to 10%, as needed.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 5+ years experience in a Customer Experience and/or Call Center environment
- Must have managed a large team (30+ team); cross-site management a plus
- Strategic & process management a must, prior experience in consulting a plus
- Strong ability to manage multiple high priority tasks
- Experience with integrating multiple channels (email, phone, social, & chat)
- Proven problem solving skills with a go-getter attitude
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills, both externally & internally
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.