This position is responsible for the operation of a department. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job related responsibilities & duties as assigned and/or necessary.
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Develops & mentors associates inside & outside the team by assigning specific tasks to develop technical or business knowledge; assisting associates with completing assigned tasks; holding team members accountable for compliance with departmental network standards; ensuring all associates are advancing technically; recognizing team & individual accomplishments; conducting formal & informal training on various technical topics & project management processes; & providing subject matter expertise.
- Supports project management role by interfacing with Customers; representing projects to area project council; removing obstacles & barriers for team members; & participating in the budgeting & resource allocation processes.
- Develops technical solutions to meet customer needs by gathering requirements from customers; seeking feedback from customers & key stakeholders relative to their business needs; translating business requirements into network designs; reviewing business problems & driving solutions; & presenting potential solutions to the appropriate audience.
- Maintains & improves network stability by identifying new technologies; ensuring compliance with regulatory governance; initiating corrective action for support issues; initiating & driving requests for proposals; implementing complex network changes; designing, engineering, & documenting complex architecture & component configuration; developing design references; leveraging existing technology; & implementing & sharing best practices internally & externally.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise & applies this to the development, execution, & improvement of action plans by providing expert advice & guidance to others in the application of information & best practices; supporting & aligning efforts to meet customer & business needs; & building commitment for perspectives & rationales.
- Provides & supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships & partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining & carrying out necessary processes & practices; monitoring progress & results; recognizing & capitalizing on improvement opportunities; & adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, & new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies & procedures & supports company mission, values, & standards of ethics & integrity by incorporating these into the development & implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; & demonstrating & assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes & practices.
An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
- Customer/Member Centered: Meet Internal & External Customer/Member Needs - Identifies the requirements, expectations, & needs of customers/members. Supports & aligns with initiatives, goals, & actions focused on improving customer/member service. Addresses the concerns & issues of internal & external customers/members. Uses customer/member data, analyses, & insights to improve customer/member-related decisions.
- Judgment: Demonstrate Professional Judgment - Researches & integrates relevant information & data, & uses expertise to make recommendations or decisions. Identifies & applies sound, fact-based criteria in setting priorities & making decisions. Uses business measures & analyses to identify improvement opportunities. Probes & looks beyond symptoms to determine the root causes of problems & identify possible solutions.
- Execution & Results: Focus on Execution & Results - Aligns & pursues work activities to achieve the mission & business priorities of the organization. Shares information, practices, & resources across functions, organizations, & locations to improve performance. Effectively uses existing processes & tools to achieve performance objectives. Uses & explains major process steps to manage time, resources, & challenges to meet goals.
- Planning & Improvement: Plan for & Improve Performance - Develops & implements plans, practices, & processes to better achieve organizational goals. Develops contingency plans to manage or eliminate potential problems. Identifies & recommends ways to continually improve & streamline processes & practices.
- Influence & Communicate: Build Influence - Develops & presents logical, convincing reasons in support of one's perspectives & initiatives. Proactively shares relevant information & timely updates with appropriate people. Listens attentively & asks questions to ensure understanding. Researches information for & prepares documents & presentations that effectively convey relevant information in a timely manner.
- Ethics & Compliance: Model Ethics & Compliance - Complies with policies & procedures. Demonstrates ethical performance. Supports efforts to enforce compliance with policies & procedures.
- Adaptability: Adapt Professionally - Demonstrates creativity & strength in the face of change, obstacles, & adversity. Adapts to competing demands & shifting priorities. Updates & shares knowledge & skills to keep current in one's area of expertise. Embraces change & supports its implementation.
- Build Relationships: Form Relationships - Builds trusting, collaborative relationships & alliances across functional & organizational boundaries. Relates to others in an accepting & respectful manner, regardless of their organizational level, personality, or background. Collaborates with people from diverse backgrounds, experiences, & functional areas to discover new perspectives.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
Enters & locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small or large groups & individuals.
- Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or computer.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Reads information, often in small print.
- Traveling is necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Travels domestically to & from multiple facilities or work-sites requiring consecutive overnight stays.
- Travels internationally to & from multiple facilities or work-sites requiring extended overnight stays.
- Bachelor of Science & 4 years network engineering experience OR Master of Science & 3 years network engineering experience OR PhD OR 6 years network engineering experience.
- 3 years experience building or implementing multiple types of infrastructure technologies (for example, routers, switches, servers).
- 2 years experience designing, leading, & implementing technology projects.
- 1 year experience troubleshooting network infrastructure problems.