Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We're a data-first marketing platform startup, & we approach our work seriously; we tackle problems in a scrappy & disruptive fashion, yet we build for scale to support our clients at big data volume.
We are the first & only enterprise customer data platform with a fully-integrated marketing cloud. Moving beyond the limitations of both categories, Simons platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale big data & machine learning to power customer communications in any channel. Simons unique approach allows brands to develop incredible personalization capabilities without needing to build & maintain massive bespoke data infrastructure.
Our culture is rooted in organizational transparency, empowering individuals, & an attitude of getting things done. If you want to be a valuable contributor on a team that champions these core values we would love to hear from you.
As a Senior Email Deliverability Consultant at Simon Data, you will help launch our ESP product by providing expert advice, support, & guidance to a broad range of customers, helping them to successfully onboard, troubleshoot problems & incorporate email best-practice into their strategy to improve inbox placement & return on investment. You will play a key-role in our customers growth & support both sales & service teams in their efforts to turn our clients communication vision into reality.
What Youll Do
- Implement & lead email delivery monitoring; build plans to improve email deliverability of marketing emails
- Monitor & manage IP & domain reputation to ensure maximum email deliverability
- Partner with cross-functional teams to prioritize & execute on improvements to Simon Datas email product
- Partner with product managers, software engineers & security teams to define system requirements, guide development, & continuously drive improvements of the email delivery component of the service
- Assist in the upsell of our email product to existing non-email customers & the sale of the product to net-new prospects
- Define the scopes of both basic & premium deliverability service offerings
- Establish critical metrics to measure email system efficacy & drive measurable improvement to system
- Optimize cross-functional processes to meet the organizations needs as we scale
- Identify incidents & negative trends & collaborate with Product, Engineering & Security teams to quickly resolve them
- Be an SME for Engineering, Legal, Security, Client Solutions & occasionally Sales, on how to structure policies, procedures, & tooling related to email-dependent systems
- Ensure Simon Data is on top of the latest compliance & deliverability trends, technologies, & strategies by engaging with industry leaders & organizations (this may also include representing Highspot externally with industry groups)
- 5+ years experience in email consultancy & deliverability, ideally supporting both end-clients & platforms (e.g. ISPs)
- Knowledge of the SMTP protocol, mail servers, & a prior knowledge of ISP procedures (feedback loops, postmaster pages, etc.)
- Familiarity with email APIs (Sparkpost, SendGrid) & deliverability tools (ReturnPath, 250ok,eDataSource, Valimail, Email On Acid)
- Deep expertise on authentication protocols (e.g., DKIM, SPF, DMARC, IP addresses), & bounce categorization
- An understanding of global privacy & anti-spam legislation (GDPR, CASL, CAN-SPAM etc.)
- Deep understanding of using data to continuously test, measure, & optimize marketing programs
- A channel-agnostic approach to customer communication, nurturing the end-recipients experience & developing an understanding how each of your clients measures success
- The ability to get to the heart of customer needs quickly, & to earn trust rapidly
- Experience identifying & supporting sales opportunities
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, & to receive other benefits & privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.