What is Slice?
Slice is the leading technology & marketing platform made exclusively for local pizzerias, making it super easy to order delicious, authentic local pizza anywhere, anytime. We serve the $46 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile & web ordering experience for consumers, & by empowering local restaurants with the technology, tools, & marketing to grow their business, while helping them compete with Big Pizza.
Slice was born in 2010 & has quietly bootstrapped its way to building a network of more than 11,000 pizzerias nationwide. Ilir Sela, our founder & CEO, started the company as a passion project to help his friends & family in the pizza business, but he quickly saw a massive opportunity to champion these small businesses by bringing their bites to the masses. Ilir has since built an amazing team of operators, marketers, technologists, & investors all dedicated to making it easier for people to enjoy their favorite local pizza. Did you see we were recently Apples App of the Day?
Yes, we have a pizza philosophy
We believe pizza is more than food it's a slice of life. Across the world, pizza is made by people who care about craft, history, & culture. We created Slice to champion the small mom & pop pizzerias by connecting those proud makers with customers who are just as passionate about their pizza. We celebrate pizza as the ultimate shareable food that brings people together for more than just a bite.
In this new exciting role, youll join our collective of other talented & passionate iOS engineers, working across a range of different multi-discipline teams with Full-Stack Engineers, Android Engineers & QA. Our iOS Engineers push meaningful work in the App Store every 2 weeks, so this is a huge opportunity to work in a fast paced, exciting area of Slice!
What You'll Do:
- Display exceptional productivity when working both independently & pairing to drive work to completion.
- Display expertise in resolution of software failures.
- You'll have a major impact in the features & performance of our mobile applications.
- Lead by example through writing very high quality, maintainable code.
- 3+ years experience of building consumer facing mobile application.
- Demonstrable experience working with Swift or Objective-C.
- You will have worked on product focused mobile applications.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical & organisational skills.
- Fluent verbal & written English skills.
- Passion for learning.
- A positive approach to your work, & treat others well.
- Strong communication skills.
- Able to clearly express opinions on product design, while respecting the thoughts & opinions of their peers.
- Proven ability to communicate & collaborate effectively with engineers & non-engineering stakeholders alike.
- Broad knowledge of Agile processes.
- Interest or experience with various mobile patterns e.g. reactive programming, MVVM.
- Must have understanding of the full product development life-cycle.
- Interest in working with Android or backend web services a plus.
- Knowledge of current advances & tools being created & adopted by the iOS software community.
We operate like a startup, so being self-motivated, curious, & flexible is a good start. You prefer to come up with your own solutions to problems but are not afraid to ask for help. You enjoy making suggestions for how to improve our product & business, no matter the department. Youre the kind of person who roots for the underdog. And lastly, this job will probably be a lot easier if you have a soulmate-level love for authentic pizza.
Join a community of engineers who combine creativity, curious minds & a commitment to excellence with the desire & commitment to grow & build on the engineering skill base & community here in Northern Ireland, therefore we do not hire remote engineers. Missing a few of the criteria but have worked in a pizza shop, or feel you can solve some of our interesting problems? Why not get in touch!
- Industry Leading Salary
- Share Options
- Strong Pension contribution
- Health & Dental Care
- Income & Death insurance
- 750 a year to use for any self learning/education
- Health & wellbeing benefits
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Schemes
- Childcare Vouchers
- Flexible working
- Generous time off allowance & policies
- Free pizza & healthy office snacks
- Conference attendance & development budget
- Substantial gym membership discount
How to apply?
A CV gives us a good idea of your background, we are interested in your latest work & projects. Education is great to see, but it's not overly important to us. If you have them, be sure to include links to any personal projects, blogs, contributions, or anything you want to add to your application.
My Pizza Slice is an equal opportunities employerand we value Diversity. We appreciate the differences in style & perspective as we believe it adds value to the organization, & we aim to recruit likeminded employees. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.