BuzzFeed is looking for a project based animator to join our growing Media Labs team! Were looking for someone clever & creative to work on animations & artwork for our show The Land of Boggs! You will begin as soon as possible, contract length negotiable. Interested candidates will be asked to submit an art test & their portfolios. We look forward to meeting you!
Reporting to our shows creative lead, this is a project-based position lasting through December with possibility of extension. Rate starts at $28-$32 hourly depending on experience level.
- Develop & animate short video content for social media
- Repurpose existing artwork for various usage
- Creatively support the department at large
- Coordinate with creative leads to receive & provide artistic feedback
- Contribute to brainstorm sessions to create new ideas for the future
- Work well in a small team environment
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite & Mac OS
- 2+ years experience with Flash animation
- A creative & problem solving mindset
- Knowledge of social media trends & best practices
- Excellent drawing skills
- An eye for aesthetics & details
- Great communication skills
- Flexibility & ability to make changes in a timely manner
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams. Working with us, you'll find:
- An inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Supportive coworkers who are eager to help you succeed
- An open campus full of useful resources, classes, & lifestyle events
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company, delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork & inclusion. At BuzzFeed, youll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create technology & content that helps connect people all over the world.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.