As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
The role of the Chief of Staff is to extend the Chief Revenue Officers internal & external reach for key company initiatives to drive revenue growth. The Chief of Staff acts as a thought partner to the CRO, & is a part of an organization's leadership team, participating in senior level decision-making with the CRO & organization (and is responsible for scaling & operationalizing key decisions).
- Partner with CRO & revenue leadership team to establish business priorities & ensure cross department progress & execution
- Develop business plans & project plans for growth initiatives
- Set the agenda & drive follow-ups for recurring & ad hoc revenue leadership team meetings
- Act as a force multiplier for the CRO to extend reach on key company initiatives
- Be a contributing member of the revenue leadership team - identify strategic opportunities, propose solutions, work through opportunities & challenges with a lens towards business, operational, & cultural progress
- Work on presentations, memos, business plans with the CRO on an as needed basis
- Collaborate with Head of Operations & Development, Business Partner, & other key members across the company to ensure alignment & progress of company initiatives for the Revenue team
- Lead & contribute to special projects across the Revenue team & the company
The ideal candidate is:
- Fluent in business strategy & planning, & familiarity with business analysis & consulting
- Expertise in collecting data, analyzing numbers, extracting information & summarizing findings
- Expertise in writing memos & building presentations for leadership & board meetings
- An experienced project manager who enjoys building a project plan & timeline & executing on it with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Has experience managing not only projects but also executives & teams.
- A strong communicator with high emotional intelligence
- Able to maintain confidentiality & exercise high discretion & sound judgment
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.