As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is seeking a seasoned business & commercial lawyer to join its growing legal team that supports Visa's Global Product organization & the company's operational functions. The position will report to a Vice-President within the Global Legal Product & Operations team & will provide legal support to the global Visa Business Solutions team.
The role includes responsibility for supporting a variety of global business-to-business products, services, & operational functions, either as the lead attorney or as part of a small team of experienced counsel. The attorney will work closely other experienced counsel & compliance professionals, & regularly engage directly with mid- & senior-level business clients globally.
Applicants must be skilled at managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced & challenging, but highly rewarding, environment; have strong analytical, client counseling, & negotiation skills; have significant experience guiding & working directly with senior-level management; be self-motivated; and, most importantly, be an optimistic, curious, & collaborative team player.
Prior commercial banking, financial services and/or payments industry experience is strongly preferred.
Visa is looking for someone who will:
- Work closely with global business & technology teams, including senior management, to understand & achieve key business objectives & help them develop compelling product & service offerings
- Partner with the global business solutions team to support the launch & global expansion of new business to business payment processing initiatives
- Draft, negotiate & drive to completion, complex commercial agreements that achieve business objectives, & continue to support those business relationships once consummated
- Provide sophisticated & creative counseling & advice to mid & senior-level business & technology teams regarding product development, deployment, & associated commercial & contracting considerations
- Work closely with Visa's regional & local legal & business teams globally, & assist these teams in resolving regional & local issues, including to achieve consistency on approaches & issues by Visa worldwide
- Initiate & help drive process & efficiency improvements across the legal team
- 6-8 years of legal practice; combination of in-house & top-tier law firm experience preferred
- Strong academic credentials, including a J.D. degree (or international equivalent); admitted to practice law in the United States
- Must be able to work independently & collaboratively, & engage directly with senior management with little or no supervision
- Must be a practical & creative problem-solver with strong business acumen & work ethic
- Must be able to manage & drive the legal & regulatory aspects of complex business initiatives, both in the U.S. & internationally
- Varies upon the needs of the department
- This position requires travel5-10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.