KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provided end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences
Senior Embedded Software Architect
Exciting & important opportunity for the right person to join Katerras systems engineering & product development team as Senior Embedded Software Architect. This is a hands-on, highly visible opportunity in a rapidly growing & evolving company with lots of room to grow! We are seeking a person with 10+ years demonstrated experience with embedded systems design & architecture development for any array of embedded devices. Initially the candidate will be involved in implementing the embedded firmware for an HVAC-related control device (thermostat) but will be involved in several of our advanced building solutions devices. Katerra is breaking new ground & revolutionizing the building & construction industry with innovative products & processes. Come see what we are up to & help us build the next great company of our time!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Architect, design & deliver complex software platforms running on lower-powered SoC embedded systems
- Participate as a key individual coding contributor on a significant portion of an embedded system
- Participate as a subject matter expert in software design technologies, approaches & implementation for embedded systems
- Perform technical analysis of product features, recommending best-practice technical solutions
- On-going interaction with applicable development teams to ensure the architectural vision is being appropriately implemented
- Participate in the product definition, especially around the aspects of the embedded components, attempting to resolve ambiguity into concrete technical proposals
- Contribute to employee-oriented company culturethat emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, high performance, in a rapidly growing & evolving environment.
Required Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of software development experience, with at least 7+ years of demonstrable experience in implementing software solutions on embedded systems
- Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Deep experience with embedded frameworks, including Linux, Android, FreeRTOS or other various RTOSes
- Deep experience with C, C++ & Java
- Experience with all aspects of developing an embedded device, including BSP, general device lifecycle, firmware updating, radio stacks including Bluetooth, Bluetooth Mesh, Wi-Fi & others, sensor data collection, etc.
- Experience linking embedded systems with UI & cloud control
- Experience with bootloaders for x86 & ARM processors, including U-Boot
- Experience with various bus interfaces, SPI, i2c, UART, Ethernet & GPIO
- Experience working with various SoC chipset vendors, evaluating board design considerations & performing proof-of-concept breadboard implementation
- Experience with debugging kernel, OS & application software via both user-level IDE & hardware-based JTAG interfaces
- Experience with connectivity & interfacing with various external sensors & other add-on devices
Physical Demands & Work Environment: The job is primarily performed in a basic corporate office & lab environment. Employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms & hands, climb or balance, & to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required to perform this job include close vision. The employee will occasionally be required to travel & work in customer or 3rd party lab environments interfacing with sophisticated test equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, vehicles, & equipment. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.