The Dodo is seeking a Motion Graphics Editor/Animator with excellent creative & technical skills for a 6 month, in-office project starting in January 2020. Our team creates some of the most loved & recognized content across Facebook, YouTube, Instagram & Snapchat. As a Motion Graphics Editor/Animator, youll create animated elements & other graphic assets that help reimagine our existing content for one of our new platforms with a completely new style & advanced standard for design. Youll edit videos using these assets & other elements to tell dynamic & engaging visual stories.
A typical week includes
Youll set up projects & reimagine existing videos for new platforms & audience experiences.
- Create unique & bespoke animated elements that elevate & enhance existing series
- Use creative feedback to make edits to videos, adding new footage & stacking/rearranging shots to fit vertical & horizontal dimensions while keeping a polished & dynamic feel (video editing will account for at least 20% of daily tasks)
- Turn creative ideas, data & facts alike into fun, accessible visualizations
- Work with & create templates for wider use by the video team
Success will look like
- Being able to efficiently edit & elevate existing content into new formats that follow best practices for retention & performance
- Creating animated elements that lean into & bring out The Dodos existing voice & tone
- Taking a proactive approach with our teams workflow to make sure were efficient but thorough
- Meeting frequent, tight deadlines with an external partner
The next great Motion Graphics Editor/Animator (Freelance) will have
- Adobe Premiere, After Effects & Illustrator fluency
- Experience creating emotionally compelling narrative video content
- Experience creating dynamic, engaging motion graphics & animation
- Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, & communicate progress
- Ability to rapidly transition between independent & collaborative work
- Strong editorial instincts & a love of visual storytelling
- A love of the Dodo brand & voice, & excitement about helping to bring the business to the next level
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. From pride to wellness to diversity, employees lead clubs that matter. We also know how to host a top-notch family breakfast & happy hour. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously. Oh, & we also welcome dogs. In fact, we love dogs so much that we have an indoor dog park
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
We value diversity & inclusivity. Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.
We serve snacks, cold brew, coffee, & tea. Who needs anything else?
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine reaches more people on mobile than any publisher in the U.S. Our mission is to tell great stories that spark action & make a real difference. With nearly 45M Americans engaging with our content every day [source: Nielsen Digital Content Ratings, January 2019], Group Nine's brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 70% of Americans ages 18-34 every month [source: Nielsen, December 2018]. Audiences spend nearly 3 billion minutes a month engaging with our category-defining brands - NowThis, the no. 1 most watched mobile news brand in the world; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand on digital; Thrillist, the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand in the U.S. In 2017, Group Nine acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion & Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.