What You Will Do
Reporting to Convenes Chief Financial Officer, the Vice President of Procurement leads the procurement function, sets strategy & creates operational processes to ensure the best value exchange for the items & assistance needed to achieve our business goals.
You will shape strategy to make sure Convenes purchasing activity is scalable & execution tactics are replicable across all of Convenes growing global footprint. This work includes development & implementation of strategic & operational sourcing, procurement, contracting & supply management strategies. The ideal candidate will have experience in leading & implementation of contemporary enterprise wide procurement systems. Candidates must have experience leading a coherent supplier management process including evaluation, selection & ongoing management including KPI's to effectively measure performance.
In this role, you will:
- Develop & implement organizational procurement policies & processes to ensure a consistent & standardized approach & to drive improvements & efficiencies in procurement activities.
- Design & execute an organizational procurement strategy, supported by tactical & innovative procurement programs, to deliver enhanced benefits & value to the customer/end user & to support service delivery aims.
- Develop vendor relationship strategies & is responsible for all aspects of vendor relationship management.
- Lead the research & analysis of market trends & best practice to ensure sourcing & procurement strategies & approaches are current, risks are identified. Governance frameworks are effective, & insight is gained through the analysis of costs, benefits & supply markets.
- Provide expert advice to key stakeholders on all aspects of procurement to encourage innovative practices & support delivery of business & policy directions.
- Build & manage relationships with key stakeholders to provide strategic insights on business needs, resolve complex issues, & deliver high performance cost, service & quality outcomes.
- Provide leadership, direction & effective management of the procurement team & cross-functional working groups to achieve a high-level of performance in procurement & deliver high quality advice & service to stakeholders.
- Identify & manage commercial, contractual, operational, financial, reputational, & ethical & procurement risks to minimize negative impacts on organizational objectives while encouraging opportunity & innovation.
- Establish performance standards & evaluation processes to assess & report on procurement activity in terms of progress, results, customer satisfaction, value & cost.
What We Look For:
- You are efficiency obsessed, hate opportunity cost, & devoted to getting it right & getting it done.
- You are in love with change & enjoy being in a high-growth environment that is rapidly scaling.
- You know this space & can see around corners. Your understanding of the industry transcends what exists today. You know what barriers youll encounter on this growth journeyyou know how to detect & avoid them.
- You have experience with the development of organizational procurement strategy & systems.
- You can create & manage short, mid & long-term goals & objectives.
- You have managed complex projects like the selection, implementation & management of procurement systems.
- You actively manage the skills & competency development of procurement staff, including training & development & knowledge management capabilities.
- You have help leadership of cross-functional teams across other business functions & initiatives.
- You excel at budget management for categories under management- & for procurement itself.
- You have developed benchmarks & scorecards to be used for continuous improvement.
- You have experience in purchasing, contract development & contract administration, with knowledge of contract terms, conditions & legal ramifications.
- You are a strong negotiator with strong skills in conducting contract negotiations strategies, directly negotiation distribution contracts & agreements of significant complexity & ability to write complex distribution agreements to protect the company's interests.
- You can develop, direct & manage a total cost of ownership strategy: identify & establish supplier alliance programs, develop & measure key performance indicators & supplier scorecard.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity & can carve out a path to solution using informal influence, & your art & intuition.
- You are dedicated to finding & scaling efficiencies & you get personal satisfaction when cracking a tough problem.
- You're an entrepreneur & think of the word NO as next option. You see opportunity everywhere, welcome mistakes as compost for your leadership journey & greet adversity as something to further develop your resilience.
- You're an analytical thinker; someone who thrives in the use of data to drive decisions AND you know data is not the end all & be all.
- You will be honest & trustworthy; a respected member of the organization who leads by example, & who people enjoy working with. You inspire.
Who We Are:
Convene designs & services premium places to work, meet, & host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major U.S. cities, with plans to expand globally. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date, & has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune Magazine.
At Convene, we're building a company that embraces diversity, encourages healthy integration of personal goals & professional development, & fosters community. Our team's evolution, values & culture have been at the forefront of what we do since our founding.
- Certified Great Place to Work 2017-2020
- 2019 Fortune Magazine #7 Best Workplace in New York
- One of Magazines Best Workplaces 2018
- 2018 Fortune Magazine Best Small & Medium Workplaces U.S.
- One of LinkedIns Most In-Demand Startups
- One of Forbes Most Promising Companies
Were Here For You.
At Convene, youll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you & your family
- Medical & insurance navigation support
- Generous paid time off, including an extra day off during the month of your birthday
- 401K match
- Discounts on phone plans & gym memberships
- Professional development support
- Access to healthy meals & snacks at work