At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 8 years we've seen this mission spread around the world & beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the meal kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes & fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged & empowered home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses & are active in 12 different countries across 3 continents. In Canada, our growth trajectory & expansion has been phenomenal. We have launched facilities across the country & have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse FreshFam enables us to connect with our customers & turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values & forms the foundation for a great place to work!
If you would like to join a dynamic & highly motivated team & work in a high-growth industry where you can have an impact & make a difference every single day, then join us!
About the Role
Were hiring a Senior Manager of Data, Analytics, & Insights to drive HelloFresh & Chefs Plate data analytics team & build a world class organization focused on developing actionable, relevant insights derived from rigorous quantitative research & analysis. The ideal candidate is curious, analytical, & obsessive about delivering measurable results, & passionate about HelloFreshs mission to change the way people eat & cook at home.
- Lead a team of Data Scientists & Business Analysts as we seek to uncover insights from our data
- Build best in class practices to optimize the teams ability to deliver high quality analysis at scale, at pace, & at quality
- Work with our Global Business Intelligence team on the implementation of new Global tools & processes
- Manipulate large data sets & perform various types of analyses (ie. descriptive, prescriptive, inferential, causal, exploratory analyses, etc.)
- Investigate & explain trends, conduct multivariable analyses of causal relationships, & determine optimal product/service configuration (given business constraints).
- Design, build, & maintain in-house tools & dashboards to support various local product team programs & projects
At a minimum, you have/are:
- An experienced leader with 5+ years in the data space, with proven experience in building high performing teams & delivering high value analytics
- At least 1 year of people management experience or leading a data team/function
- Degree in data science, computer science or related discipline, or relevant work experience
- A critical thinker: you use logic to identify alternatives, evaluate, & present approaches to solve complex problems
- A data enthusiast: you love sifting through data to uncover insights & putting it all together for an actionable plan
- An excellent communicator: you can effectively distill & communicate complex solutions to a non-technical audience
- Proactive & resourceful: you have a bias for action & understand that the first step to solving something is to start!
- Detail-oriented: you carefully & thoroughly accomplish tasks
- Driven by impact: you strive to make big positive changes on the product team & the wider business
- Excited about food
You already have extensive experience in:
- Google Sheets, MS Excel, & VBA
- SQL-based databases & tools such as MySQL, SQL Workbench, & Tableau
- Java, R, & Python
Why youll love this job:
- You will have the opportunity to scale a data team & drive significant value for the business.
- You will be able to push your ideas from inception to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- You have licence to move quickly & try new things - data is a core strength of our business model & you will be at the center of the data world for HelloFresh Canada
Why you'll love it here:
- A competitive salary & company benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh & Chefs Plate boxes
- Partial top-up for parental leaves
- We trust & support you - take ownership of your work & push your ideas from inception to execution
- We want to see you grow - we support your career progression & provide learning & development opportunities
- We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. Youll work with fun, energetic, & supportive teams.
- Weve kept up the work-hard, play-hard energy virtually. From team socials to HQ Wellness Wednesdays to holiday & milestone celebrations, youll have plenty of opportunity to connect socially with teammates across the company.
To ensure the health & safety of our employees during COVID-19, our HQ employees are working remotely through until June 2021! When we return to the office, youll love:
- Our bright & functional space located in the heart of downtown Toronto
- Our test kitchen, where our recipes are tested on-site, so there are delicious meals constantly flowing!
- Our newly renovated employee lounge, decked out with a movie projector, comfy couches, board games, a ping pong table, & local craft beer on tap!
- Our gorgeous rooftop patio, with a perfect view of the CN Tower while you enjoy lunch outdoors!
- Our fully-stocked kitchen with fresh fruit, healthy & not-so-healthy snacks, sparkling water, cold brew coffees, & more. (Are you seeing a pattern yet? Hint: We love food!).
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building & nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills & experience, & strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, & People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender & sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer & is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.