Squarespace Customer Operations empowers users via scalable self-help tools, personalized support, & customer advocacy. Customer Operations runs 24/7 with over 300 people based in New York, Dublin, & Portland. The Internal Content team leads knowledge management & documentation for the department. At the forefront of every product, policy, & workflow change, we ensure Support Advisors & Associates are equipped with organized & trusted information they need to provide the best customer support.
As a Technical Writer, you'll create internal documentation, macros (canned support responses), newsletters, & other resources for Customer Support. You'll focus on specific areas of our internal procedures & the Squarespace platform. You'll work closely with your teammates, ensuring your content is accurate, aligned with Squarespace style, & meeting our audience's needs. This is a great opportunity for a writer or content strategist with a background in support in a technology company.
You will report to the Senior Team Lead, Internal Content & can be based in our New York, Portland, Dublin offices or remote.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Write & continually refine documentation covering specific areas of our internal operations, tools, the Squarespace platform
- Write macros (canned responses for support emails)
- Contribute to internal Customer Support email newsletters & blogs
- Work with KB Technical Writers, Quality, Training, Product Operations, Customer Support, & other team members across the company to identify & close gaps in resources
- Increase your product knowledge & stay updated with platform & policy changes
- Give feedback to teammates through rotating peer reviews
- Help evolve the voice & knowledge management practices within Customer Operations
- 2+ years of experience in technical writing, content strategy, knowledge management, internal communications, L&D, or a related position in a technical customer support environment
- Experience building content strategy for specific operating procedures & product areas
- Excellent collaboration skills & ability to build relationships with team members in multiple geographies & teams
- Comfortable with checking your ego at the door - open to feedback from multiple partners to make a guide perfect
- Experience in a client-facing or customer service role
- Desire to simplify & iterate
- Experience with documentation CMS, project management, & bug-tracking software
- Comfortable working in basic HTML
HOW TO APPLY
- Attach a writing sample that demonstrates your ability to create internal support documentation. Examples could include articles, guides, or internal announcements.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.