Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, & Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman & CEO) & Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine's list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud ERP software for our nation's cities, counties, & state agencies. We have surpassed 1,000+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective & accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2021 Top Workplaces USA award winner!
About the Solutions Engineer role:
The Solutions Engineer works directly with Sales to serve as a trusted advisor to customers during the sales cycle ensuring that the OpenGov solutions will provide maximum value & benefit. You'll be the product expert spearheading the technical evaluation, demonstrating business value, handling tough objections, & leading a successful product evaluation during sales cycles to gain new customers.
Solutions Engineer Responsibilities:
• Partner with sales teams to plan, prepare & execute on sales strategy
• Conduct technical discovery to uncover pain points & challenging business use cases
• Create & deliver presentations & demonstrations that address the needs identified through discovery
• Become the trusted advisor by demonstrating deep product knowledge & real-world application to solve clients challenges & issues
• Build strong relationships & develop customer technical champions during the sales cycle.
• Provide technical support to lead generating marketing efforts such as trade shows, conferences, & webinars.
• Provide technical support to RFP/RFI responses
• Work closely with Professional Services teams to ensure a smooth transition of opportunities & stay current in deployment best practices.
• Collaborate with R&D, Marketing, & other departments on field observations & customer feedback that impact product roadmap & competitiveness.
• Support the creation, build-out, & maintenance of shared team assets including knowledge base & demo sites.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
• 2-5+ years of experience as a Sales Engineer or similar customer-facing experience preferred.
• Previous experience selling or working in the Government or Public Sector is highly desirable
• Ability to learn, understand & communicate complex technical concepts & develop skills to create compelling solutions that demonstrate business value
• Extraordinary presentation skills, with the ability to establish trust across a range of technical & non-technical audiences.
• Up to 40% travel