About the Team
The Global Design team is responsible for designing & developing products, packaging, displays, & environments for all Harrys & Private Label brands worldwide.
About the Role
At Harry's, Store Designers are at the center of the store development process, playing a pivotal role by reconciling design needs, manufacturing constraints, budget reality & brand ambition.
The EU/UK Store Designer will create store displays for all Harrys brands across the EU/UK regions. We are looking for a talented, creative problem solver with robust design skillset & experience within the retail setting. As the EU/UK Store Designer, you will understand the brands DNA to own & lead store design & development initiatives successfully. You will be part of the global Design team comprising industrial, store, artwork, & graphic production designers. You will collaborate with the cross-functional brand, retail, & operation teams to successfully create award-winning in-store merchandising displays. This role reports to the EU/UK Director Of Store Design & Development & is part of the Global Design team at Harrys.
The preferred candidate will have experience managing external suppliers & consultants to deliver completed store displays & in a demanding environment quickly.
Harry's is NOT opening its retail locations - this role will be focused on in-store merchandising efforts for 3rd party mass retailers. This is NOT an architectural role - the ideal candidate will have focused on in-store executions at mass retail.
What you will accomplish:
- Lead the stores design & development displays from kick-off to final approval, working closely with industrial design, artwork, & graphic production designers.
- Bring creative visualizations to life with optimized mass retail merchandising solutions, ensuring brand & retail requirements, manufacturing feasibility, timeline, & budgets are satisfied.
- Ensure store design milestones for all projects are adhered to
- Raise flags appropriately during development to de-risk projects, anticipating material, manufacturing, & quality risks
- You will own store design projects communication between the Design & other internal cross-functional teams (Brand, Retail, Operations), alongside external suppliers & retailers.
- Become a trusted partner for the sourcing team when evaluating project estimates
- Act as a technical sounding board for the sourcing team.
- Participate in vendor selection with sourcing & operations teams
- Continually evaluate Harry's material utilization across brands & formats to pursue quality consistency.
- Push sustainability, material, & manufacturing quality suited to business goals
- Continually share innovative materials or manufacturing techniques with the Design team & pursue opportunities to use them.
- Contribute to strategic, commercial programs composed of interrelated dependencies
- Operate within processes & policies that are consistent with corporate guidelines & best in class industry practices
- National & international travel to EU/UK suppliers & retailers as needed, alongside incremental trips to our New York HQ.
This should describe you:
- Solidworks (5+ years) - Creates optimized models & drawing files.
- Creation & management of design documentation experience (5+ years)
- Experience in temporary display development is a plus.
- Ability to translate design principles/objectives into unique & varied store solutions
- Demonstrated 3D visualization, modeling, & engineering drawing ability
- Skilled in the visual, written, & verbal communication of design issues
- Working knowledge of color & design principles
- Sound judgment & risk-assessment capabilities at all times
- Understands established & new innovative technologies in the manufacturing world.
- Vast knowledge of materials & their cost & sustainability implications
- Has & maintains current knowledge of industry trends in retail store design, including fixtures, lighting, & finishes
- Working knowledge of UK retail is a must, with knowledge of continental Europe retail a strong plus.
- Design project management experience across multiple projects (5+ years)
- Ability to balance design with operational needs & budget objectives
- Organizational skills; attention to detail, ability to multitask & adapt quickly in a rapidly-changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop relationships across all levels.
- Demonstrable appetite to solicit feedback from cross-functional teams & suppliers regarding process improvements
- Strong problem-solving & decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Able to confidently & independently make decisions remotely and/or on-site with suppliers on-site to make design sign-offs/approvals
- Excellent ability to work with & manage all 3rd party stakeholders
- Strong experience with the following toolkit software packages:
- Adobe PS, AI, INDD Leads teammates on polished file creation & document management strategies
- Google Suite - Consistently distributes enterprise google resources within the Design team in order to improve awareness of cross-functional workstreams
- Airtable - customizes personal 'view, understands teammates use-cases, makes consistent user experience adjustments.
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.